We're pleased to announce the release of QUAKE LIVE Premium Pak 13. This release contains five new arenas from popular community authors, new player character skins, and a change to our Premium subscription model. Starting today, we will be regularly cycling the Standard arena pool. On the first Monday of each month, 21 arenas will be selected as playable for Standard-level matches. Newly released arenas will remain exclusive for at least three months, but every other arena is eligible to be included in the cycle.
In addition to this change, we are also introducing a new arena voting system to increase the variety of arenas played. Players playing on Standard-level matches will now have a choice between three arenas at the end of each match. The arena voted on will be the next match played. Premium matches will continue to have access to the entire arena pool, and matches created by our Pro players will continue to have the option to change arenas at any point.
Rounding out this update are new "Bright" and "Sport" skin variations for every model on the roster, to allow players to be any character in the game, but still remain highly visible. We also have a few updates to our new Start a Match to help manage matches. We've seen a tremendous increase in Start a Match activity in recent months, and we love seeing what modifications our players have come up with so far! Without further ado, here’s what’s new:
Infinity (CTF) by Ferdinand ‘cityy’ List - website, video
After the hazardous materials make their way through the facilities in Reflux, the water-based byproducts end up here in Infinity. This Capture the Flag arena was converted from its industrial uses after being abandoned years ago by the original owners. Long lines of sight down the center create opportunities to rail outgoing flag runners, who may choose to take a dip into the slower, but safer, water paths. A Quad Damage spawns in the middle every two minutes, so coordinate your attacks wisely!
Limbus (TDM) by Mike ‘Yellack’ Schreiber and Gary ‘akm’ turner - video
A Team Deathmatch arena made by the team of Yellack and akm, Limbus also plays great in our Domination mode. The Quad Damage room offers interesting possibilities for fights, offering a route that requires some dexterity while jumping across high, exposed platforms. Don’t forget about the underground areas; Limbus is larger than it appears on first inspection.
Silence (Duel) by Ferdinand ‘cityy’ List - website
A Duel arena that has you surrounded by—thankfully contained — corrosive material, the action in Silence is anything but. Silence is pretty tall as far as Duel arenas go, so you’ll have to be aware of your vertical surroundings. The Red Armor is placed for maximum grab-and-run potential, but you may want to keep an eye out for Railgun-toting opponents before you leap. Silence is a great addition to the Duel arena pool, and is also fun for small Free for All and Clan Arena matches.
Terminus (TDM) by FRS and Gary ‘akm’ turner - video
Taking place in a sprawling base, Terminus is a very large Team Deathmatch arena with lots of room for tricks and advanced movement. Teams will vie for control for the Battle Suit and Quad Damage rooms, taking care to not get knocked into the fog, or knocked off the Quad platform, making any player who drops down easy fragbait. Terminus is also available for Domination play.
Windsong Keep (Duel) by Tom ‘Phantazm11’ Perryman - website, Q3 version on LvL
The author of Black Cathedral is back with a third arena: a Duel arena taking place in a stunning castle. Windsong Keep is nothing short of an artistic masterpiece in the QUAKE LIVE engine. Expect heavy combat around the ruined tower which holds the Red Armor. A Mega Health is located in another central room, but with ample room for ambush. Try not to get distracted by the beautiful visuals while running through the hallways. Windsong Keep definitely plays as well as it looks.
m16 on the new maps, without TDM maps
Post-Match Arena Voting: Voting for the next arena is now done during the end game scoreboard. You are able to switch your votes as many times as you want, every 2.5 seconds. Selecting an arena will mark you as ready, and the time spent at the scoreboard is now a fixed time.
Start a Match Presets: A Preset Manager is now available under Advanced Settings: give your presets a name, and store your favorite Start a Match settings locally. Loading presets can be done in as little as two clicks. If you're not sure what preset to choose, preview the changes before loading them!
New Match Management Options: Three requested options have been added to Match Management: Inactivity Kick Length to enable the idle kick seen on public matches, Enable Automatic Shuffle which will automatically shuffle teams when enough players are in warmup, and Shuffle Behavior to allow changing shuffles from default Skill Based option to Random. Server owners are automatically excluded from being kicked due to inactivity.
Clan Search: Search through all current clans by clan tag, or by clan name. Click on search results to view the clan's profile page.
Arena Statistics Graph: A pie graph of the player's top 15 arenas, sorted by games played, is available for Premium users on the Arenas tab.
* Resolved several instances where certain characters in clan names would cause the names to not be rendered correctly.
* Resolved an issue where a user could have a Premium-level arena in a Standard-level match, resulting in an error when starting the match.
* Resolved an issue where player models were not rendering properly in the Friend Earned Award popup.
* Resolved an issue where certain characters in match names were not being decoded correctly.
* Scoreboard will no longer count players that haven't fired a weapon in the team accuracy totals.
* Resolved an issue that may cause accuracy values on the scoreboard to be incorrect if you rejoined a match in progress.
* Server owners can no longer be callvote kicked from their own matches.
* Resolved an issue where votes could be called after a previous vote has already passed, but before the vote action was taken.
* Domination point captured/loss VO will only be played if cg_playTeamVO is enabled.
* Resolved an issue where Railgun rails would predict firing while chatting.
* Callvote menu is updated properly when “callvote map” is disabled.
* Item heights are now taller in PQL. Like flags, items cannot be easily jumped over.
* Added the ability to hold crouch at the top of jumppads to catch the ledge, instead of either a normal drop or a rampjump.
* Increased vertical knockback for more vertical popup from splash damage, without breaking self-splash or rocket jumps.
* Increase Plasma Gun splash radius from 20 to 32
* Increase Plasma Gun knockback from 1.10 to 1.25
* Increase Rocket Launcher knockback from 1.00 to 1.10
* Increase maximum knockback from 120 to 160
* Swim speed increased from 160ups to 190ups.
Bloodlust: Fixed blue’s offset flagbase.
Devilish: The Quad Damage no longer spawns in Duel.
Hidden Fortress: Fixed clipping in curve near 50hp and teleporter.
Reflux: The Red Armor respawn time has been increased from 25 to 60 seconds.
Reflux: Optimizations for performance, including the portals in base have been changed to teleporters (cannot see through them).
Stonekeep: The Red Armor respawn time has been increased from 25 to 60 seconds.
Toxicity: Optimizations for performance.
Start date: July 24, 2012
End date: Sept 2, 2012
Realm of Steel Rats
Edited by Badb0y at 05:16 CDT, 26 July 2012 - 148066 Hits