Scheduled: 17:00 CDT, 24 May 2015 to 21:00 CDT, 24 May 2015
This Sunday at 17:00 CDT you're invited to the 9th North American Duel Cup! We finally have the five maps for QuakeCon, so all Duel Cup's leading up to the event will feature the QuakeCon 2015 Duel Map pool plus two maps. The NA.DuelCup will remain a seven map event. This month our May 24th map pool will see cure and silence will join the LAN pool. Sign ups open the same day as usual, and please make sure you are signed up before 16:50 CDT to avoid being locked out of the brackets!
I know some of you from Europe have wanted to stay up and watch the cup, and to make it things more manageable for you I will also be rebroadcasting the cup the following day (about 12 to 14 hours later).
Thank you For Quaking, and Good Luck!
Upper-Bracket matches are Best of One until Semi finals. Remaining matches are played as a Best of Three.
Lower-Bracket matches are all Best of One until the lower-bracket finals. LB Finals is a Best of Three.
Occasionally someone will ask "I don't have 3 days and 300 duels played! Can I still play?" and the answer is: "probably, but you should get in touch with me first". This rule exists to deter aliasing so the tournaments can be seeded properly.
• The opening Upper-Bracket games are Best of ONE matches. This changes when the tournament progresses into the Semi-Finals and beyond. The Semi-Finals is a Best of Three
• Games from the Lower-Brpacket games are all Best of ONE until the very end. The Lower-Bracket Finals is a Best of Three (this is done because the game determines who gets 3rd place and who moves on to the grand finals.
• The Grand Finals is unique to all other rounds. The lower bracket finalist must win two best of three sets to take first place. The upper bracket finalist is assumed to have proven themselves by not dropping a set throughout the tournament and so they must only win one best of three set to take first place.
• In a "Pick-Pick" tournament the playersmap in a Best of One is decided by the players dropping maps until 1 map remains and is played. The map that remains will server as a tie breaker. Best of One sets still decide maps by dropping until there is a single map left to play.
BO1: drop, drop, drop, drop, drop, drop > Last Map is Played
BO3: pick, pick, drop, drop, drop, drop > Last Map is Tie-Breaker (if needed)
• Duel servers (unlike classic TDM and CTF) require no modification to the server settings and can simply be made by choosing a map and location. The information below can can be copied to make a server with the password: duelcup (if you choose a different password please tell us via irc!)
Dallas, TX Server Settings
Sign Ups will open the day of the event.
Sign ups will close at 16:50 CDT, 24 May 2015.
To sign up players need to create a http://challonge.com account. Pro-Tip: you can sign up for events using an alternate name/alias no matter what your actual account name is! Save your admin and fellow players a headache and put your Quake Live alias when prompted to sign up using an alternate name :)
If you are playing you must join #duelcup irc channel (quakenet.org) on game day to setup matches. Do not expect opponents to add you to their friend list in quake. It is much more efficient to send a message in the #duelcup channel or a private /msg to your opponents.
...and remember sign ups will close at 16:50 CDT, 24 May 2015! This 10 minute window allows brackets to be created properly and exceptions to this rule will not be made. Please don't make me turn you away! If you want to play sign up!
Total Prize Pool for May: $100.00
Grand Prize: $60
Runner Up: $30
3rd Place: $10
Contributions for May:
hq_link - $100.00
If you would like to make a donation towards the NA.DuelCup prize pool please use the pay-pal email: email@example.com
Links: VOD, #duelcup, DuelCup.com