Today's update is an interim update featuring many fixes to improve the game experience, and numerous fixes and gameplay improvements to our arenas.
Premium Duel Scoreboard now preserves match data, addressing issues caused by forfeited matches or disconnected players.
Duels can no longer start with more than 2 players, who were added via the admin 'put' command.
Server admins may no longer use the 'put' command to place more than two players into a match in progress.
Server admins may no longer use of the 'allready' command if more or less than two players are in the match.
Fixed Duel's short name display to read "DUEL" instead of "DM" on the Premium Duel Scoreboard.
Players who die during a round countdown will now immediately respawn alive, rather than be excluded from the round as a dead player.
Inactivity kicks are no longer triggered while dead or frozen.
Players are now dropped after 25 seconds of inactivity in round based game modes.
Fixed players in Freeze Tag from being able to prematurely fire if they respawned during a match or round countdown.
In addition to held power-ups, we now remove dropped power-ups between rounds in Freeze Tag.
Players may no longer use of the 'forfeit' command during round countdowns.
Prevent infected from getting weapons in warmup in Infected Red Rover.
Fixed instaInfected, zombies were spawning with the set Starting Weapons value instead of just gauntlets.
Gametypes that do not allow item spawning will now utilize the best starting weapons order in warmup, if no weapons are present.
Increased the consistency of the chain jump boost, also improving telejumps.
Increased the speed gained by circle strafing.
Increased the speed while turning with air control.
Clamp weapon respawn time to a minimum of 15 seconds (Update: now 10s).
Max ammo values decreased in item collection based gametypes.
- MG: 100, SG: 20, GL: 20, RL: 20, LG: 100, RG: 20, PG: 100, BFG: 10, NG: 20, PL: 5, CG: 100
Adjusted player respawn delay, now within a 0.5 and 3.5 second window.
Vertical jump velocity gets capped, keeping the cumulative effect of chain jumps in check.
Draw Tiered Armor Availability icons added to inform players when an armor is unavailable for pickup.
Removed extraneous console variable spam when rulesets are changed.
Removed /systeminfo command, could be exploited to cause a client crash.
Rail trails are now properly aligned with the gun barrel, taking custom values of cg_gunX/Y/Z into account.
Re-enabled the TeamKill Complaint system.
Fixed an issue that would occur when using a medkit with more than 125HP and firing the weapon in the same frame.
Lightning Gun muzzle point is positioned correctly when crouching.
Fixed clientside prediction errors when using custom values of RampJumpScale.
Weapon Gravity options in Start-a-Match now properly take in account custom values of g_gravity.
Freecam spectating no longer uses a third person offset, and custom values of cg_thirdPersonAngle will no longer break spec cameras.
Smoothed out changes in height/viewheight when the spectatorCam flies into a flight of stairs.
Smooth out viewheight change when crouching while in third person.
Allow +moveup/+movedown on ladders to help dictate direction (ala Q2). This allows you to be looking up as you crawl down the ladder.
Draw "-" on the scoreboard in place of the -999 forfeit score on all scoreboard feeders.
Corrected end game scoreboard messages during a forfeit. "You finished with a score of -999"
Corrected end game scoreboard messages in Harvester, and improved capture messages when only one capture was made.
Added 5 Premium Experience PQL Awards
- Too Fast: Complete 1 online PQL match.
- Air Bender: Complete 1 online PQL match in Duel, Capture the Flag, Clan Arena, and Team Deathmatch.
- Paratrooper: Complete 100 online PQL matches.
- Dogfighter: Complete 500 online PQL matches.
- Ethereal: Complete 1,000 online PQL matches.
- Fixed a hall of mirrors effect on the green armor teleporter.
- Fixed the skywalk ceiling clip exploit.
- Fixed the alignment of the ceiling clips in the lightning gun room and the central atrium.
- Fixed clipping above two door archways.
- Fixed texture alignment on trim of the teleporter exit ledge.
- Made the fencing no longer cast shadows so that you can see the pipe detail work behind them.
- Fixed the mispositioned weaponclip on the fencing near yellow armor.
- Improving lighting, getting rid of the black wall section near the grenade launcher teleporter and the black stair faces in mid.
- Improved the positioning of some of the small ceiling lights.
- Fixed the position of the angled light near high RL.
- Fixed texture alignments on the upper level floors, near both railgun and rocket launcher.
- Removed the no-weapon-drop from the waterfog in the megahealth pool.
- Added a new route from mid to high base rocket launcher.
- Added a ladder connection between the water tube and the new high route.
- Moved the railgun to the new water tunnel ledge.
- Removed one of the spawns near plasmagun and one of the spawns near the mid shotgun.
- Added a wall in the perimeter to give the teleporter pool more cover.
- Added 25hp to the new doorway in mid.
- Added 25hp to the teleporter pool.
- Made water in mid deeper, added underwater route below the bridge.
- Fixed skull dispenser in Harvester.
- Removed no-weapon-drop from the waterfog in the railgun pool.
- Renamed the 'Visor courtyard' to 'Ranger courtyard'.
- Fixed z-fighting in hall near Ranger courtyard.
- Fixed texture misalignment on floor near fog pit.
- Removed some exploitative clips.
- Clipped some exploitative ledges.
- Fixed two clips on the staircase between red armor and the back teleporter.
- Fixed texture alignment on curved brick wall by megahealth.
- Texture density and alignment fixed on the curved brick walls in the lightning gun, lower rocket launcher, and quad rooms.
- Fixed the inappropriately sized red armor item timer due to a stray 'team' key on the item.
- Total Health increased from 525 to 700.
- Total Armor increased from 235 to 280.
- Jump pad behind the railgun area replaced with teleporter
- Quad and Megahealth areas rebuilt.
- Numerous graphical and gameplay orientated tweaks.
- Duel mode added - item and weapons layouts changes, upper Rocket Launcher and Grenade Launcher rooms are blocked off.
- Duel mode: Two way teleporter added at the Lightning Gun.
- Made tesla sfx on teleporter nonsolid
- Replaced cables with a new dark cable version for improved alpha blend
- Fixed trim construction near quad
- Fixed trim construction near lg
- Fixed texture alignment on all volumetric lights
- Fixed wall texture scale behind GA teleporter
- Fixed stair ramps near quad
- Deleted obscured portions of the decorative pipes outside of the arena
- Cleanup, making some structural brushes into detail brushes
- Removed the no-weapon-drop from the waterfog in the railgun pool.
- Fixed duplicate spawn point at RL spawn, which caused an imbalance in the spawn point selection process.
Fixed the 'Air Control' Start-a-Match option.
Fixed the Freeze Tag 'Round Delay 0' Start-a-Match option.
Fixed the 'Teams are tied at 0' team score message.
Round based games once again will kick players after 180 seconds of inactivity, but the new code will now properly accumulates time across rounds, but does not count time dead/froze/paused against them.
Addressed an issue that would perpetuate telefrags in some round based gametypes, when a map had too few spawn points available.
PQL min weaponRespawn cap set to 10
Edited by Badb0y at 15:42 CST, 2 March 2013 - 37627 Hits