At QuakeCon we announced a number of new and exclusive awards that we'd be offering to attendees related to their participation in the event. We're very happy to be awarding those with the update today.
For these, and other very special awards, we've created a new awards category called the "Trophy Case." Your trophy case will contain one time only awards that highlight participation or excellence in a designated QUAKE LIVE event, contest, or competition. The first awards in the Trophy Case will be related to QuakeCon 2009, but we will continue to designate other special events, competitions, and unique personal contributions to the QUAKE LIVE community for Trophy Case awards. Congratulations to everyone receiving a QuakeCon 2009 award.
Also for QuakeCon fans, we've added 2 event leaderboards - a QuakeCon 2009 BYOC leaderboard, and a QuakeCon 2009 Tournament leaderboard. To check out who did all the damage at QuakeCon, simply click the links or you can always click Leaders, then click the customize button and select "QuakeCon 2009 BYOC" or "QuakeCon 2009 Tournaments" from the "Timeframe" menu. Remember, you don't need a QUAKE LIVE account to check out the leaderboards, so if you're at the top and want to let someone know how much you R4WK - just send them the link.
- FireFox 3.5+ on Mac OSX is now supported.
- Added 2 event leaderboards, QuakeCon 2009 BYOC leaderboard, and QuakeCon 2009 Tournament leaderboard.
- Added Trophy Case awards category.
- Added "QuakeCon 2009" Award presented under "Trophy Case" to any player who completed a game of QUAKE LIVE at QuakeCon 2009.
- Added "QuakeCon 2009 Pro" Award presented under "Trophy Case" to top 3 finishers in Duel and CTF money tournaments at QuakeCon 2009.
- Added "QuakeCon 2009 VIP" Award presented under "Trophy Case" to QuakeCon 2009 staff.
- Added "Alienware Quick Draw 09" Award presented under "Trophy Case" to winners of the Alienware Quick Draw contest at QuakeCon 2009.
- Changed Courtyard Conundrum - qzctf10 The plasmagun and lightninggun have swapped locations.
- Changed Hidden Fortress- qzdm20 Team Deathmatch now only has one powerup - quad, instead of both quad and haste. Free For All now has quad damage and regeneration instead of quad and haste.
- Added cg_deadBodyDarken <0|1> (default = 0) Toggling this cvar on will darken "bright" players as soon as they become corpses.
- Added cg_deadBodyColor <0xRRGGBBFF> (default = 0x101010FF) Altering this cvar allows you to customize the color applied to dead bright bodies when cg_deadBodyDarken is enabled.
- Changed shotgun pattern to use 20 pellets in a diffused 3 ring pattern, each dealing 5 damage for a total of 100 damage.
- Added cg_smokeRadius_NG <0-16> (default = 16) Lowering the value of this cvar will scale the radius of the smoke puffs drawn in the nailgun trails. A value of 0 will entirely disable the smoke trails.
- Added cg_bubbleTrail <0|1> (default = 1) Toggling this cvar off disables the underwater bubble trails drawn behind many bullets and projectiles while underwater.
- Removed cg_noProjectileTrails due to the addition of the cg_smokeRadius_NG and cg_bubbleTrails.
- Added cg_waterWarp <0|1> (default = 1) Toggling this cvar off disables the minor under-water warping effected that exists when submerged underwater. The effect has little impact on gameplay but can be induce disorientation in some players.
- Added cg_zoomScaling <0|1> (default = 1) Toggling this cvar off disables the zooming in / zooming out scaling effect that is used as a transition between your cg_fov and cg_zoomfov; causing the +zoom to act as a quick snap to and from the zoomed fov.
- Added cg_zoomToggle <0|1> (default = 0) Toggling this cvar on alters the behavior of +zoom such that a single key press will enable zooming and a repeated keystroke disables zooming, no longer requiring players to hold the key down while zooming.
- Added cg_zoomSensitivity <float> (default = 1) The value of this cvar is multiplied to our current zoom sensitivity, allowing the user to increase or decrease their sensitivity while zoomed. A value of 0 will revert the zoomSensitivity code to the Q3 legacy code that was previously available in QuakeLive.
- Added cg_drawFragMessages <0|1> (default = 1) Toggling this cvar off disables the "You Fragged So-and-So" centerprint message from drawing on your screen. The shorthand obituary will still print to the HUD to make note of any kills.
- Added cg_buzzerSound <0|1> (default = 1) Toggling this cvar off disables the end-game buzzer sound in all gametypes.
- Changed cg_allowTaunt <0|1> (default = 1) to now also disable gesture events clientside in addition to disabling Team Arena style VO taunts when this cvar is disabled.
- Added cg_lightningStyle <1|2|3|4> (default = 1) Altering this cvar will cycle through various lightning stream effects: Default Q3/QL, QuakeWorld inspired, Team Arena shaft, and thin shaft options.
- Renamed cg_oldRail <0|1> (default = 1) to cg_railStyle <1|2> (default = 1). The new naming structure fits in line with the cg_lightningStyle and the old convention made little sense, as the reference "old" is lost between iterations of the game.
- Renamed cg_oldRocket <0|1> (default = 1) to cg_rocketStyle <1|2> (default = 1). The new naming structure fits in line with the cg_lightningStyle and the old convention made little sense, as the reference "old" is lost between iterations of the game.
- Renamed cg_oldPlasma <0|1> (default = 1) to cg_plasmaStyle <1|2> (default = 1). The new naming structure fits in line with the cg_lightningStyle and the old convention made little sense, as the reference "old" is lost between iterations of the game.
- Fixed "Falling Damage Received when Landing Crouched from Jumppads"
- Optimized cg_drawGun 0 by disabling the weapon sway/position calculations when the weapon is not being drawn.
- Changed cl_mouseAccel, cl_mouseAccelStyle, cl_mouseAccelOffset and cl_maxPackets to now replicate (save to config in database).
- Added cg_newWeaponBar 2 and cg_newWeaponBar 3 options for right and center aligned weapon ammo bars.
Edited by SyncError at 16:52 CDT, 2 September 2009 - 54236 Hits