After a long hiatus The Promode Team release the second update to the CNQ3 client, bringing it up to version 1.50 (not to be confused with CPMA 1.50, which is a mod). As always you can download CNQ3 1.50 client directly from www.playmorepromode.com.
NOTE: From now, the CNQ3 client will write to q3config.cfg on exit (but not write to it after every change).
Please remember to report bugs via leaving a comment in this thread or reporting it directly to the developers on the CPMA Discord server.
• add: on Windows, "/crashreport:yes" and "/crashreport:no" command-line arguments. They enable the crash handler's quiet mode (no dialog window will be shown).
• add: the fs_restart command to manually restart the file system.
• the client executable will now write to q3config.cfg on exit.
• even lower CPU usage when minimized.
• during id downloads (cl_allowDownload -1), the time-out is 5 seconds instead of cl_timeout.
• the "nextdemo" cvar is now also used when playback stops before reaching the demo's end.
• mouse motion is no longer forwarded to the mod when the console is down.
• with 2+ monitors, having the console down will always disable input grabbing.
• on Windows, a fatal error will move the early console window to the foreground.
• com_hunkMegs doesn't have a maximum value anymore. A value too high would reset it and the engine might fail to load with the default value.
• broken pk3 files could cause crashes (entry names too long) and mess up the FS.
• using /demo when running a listen server would load the map and then abort playback.
• no longer making local copies of all the system info cvars of the current server.
this avoids undesired local changes to cvars such as sv_pure.
• now updating the FS (connected to pure server, pak references) on client disconnects.
• the condump command was truncating its file path argument to 64 characters.
• "timedemo" playback runs at full speed again.
• on Windows, when unfocused, the client would always sleep 5+ ms regardless of com_maxFPS.
• conditional FS restarts will always re-order the pak list when connected to a pure server.
• lifted the directory scanning restriction that affected pure listen servers.
• getting stuck on "Awaiting snapshot..." when the server shuts down during client connection.
• demo playback would crash when delta entities/players had an invalid field count.
• strcpy calls with overlapping buffers (undefined behavior), which were responsible for the "chars.h not found" / "couldn't load any skills" issue preventing bots from being added.
• on Linux, the 'Z' and '9' keys could not be bound.
• cl_allowDownload 1 failing on "connect" (error 10047 on Windows).
• cl_allowDownload 1 was using the current directory instead of fs_basepath.
• jitter due to snapshots piling up with the same server timestamp for loopback and LAN clients.
• the Windows crash handler would incorrectly consider certain exceptions as fatal.
Links: CPMA Official Website, CPMA Discord Server.
Edited by xerosawyer at 17:34 CST, 12 February 2018 - 5289 Hits