Scheduled: 11:00 CDT, 11 September 2015 to 11:00 CDT, 13 September 2015
Belgian based gaming event organizer Frag-o-Matic is hosting a Quake Live event this September. It kicks off at 11:00 CDT, 11 September 2018 and ends at 11:00 CDT, 13 September 2018. Frag-o-Matic is a series of gaming festivals that are taking place at least two times a year by organizing the biggest Belgian gaming event.
It's a BYOC event that let's users activate their own rigs to the Frag-o-Matic network. Through this network multiple gaming competitions are organized, most of the time sponsored with great prize packages. Next to these competitions there are many other activities taking place and each event has his own theme, creating a unique atmosphere.
This year's theme is called HEAVEN. As always, visitors who do not bring their own computer, have free access to Frag-o-Matic.
The 17.1 is the second event of the 17th year FoM is hosting a lanparty.
In the past 17 years Frag-o-Matic organized 34 LAN events including this edition for a total of 25.000 participants and with more than €300.000 of prizes divided by the many gaming competitions.
In the starting years of Frag-o-Matic the event was all about technology: gaming through a superfast network, extreme PC builds, and an ongoing battle to have the fastest and the best computer. Currently FoM is all about the social aspect of gaming in all its aspects and of course the competitive rivalry between the many gaming teams of Belgium and its neighbor countries.
You can obtain your Frag-o-Matic event ticket through their webshop
All the information about the ticketing procedure can be found here.
What do you have to bring with you?
- 1 PC or portable with 1 monitor max. 26 inch (+ keyboard & mouse), VIPs can bring multiple monitors.
- Headphones (speakers are not allowed!)
- Power cables & plugs for your equipment
- UTP cable (cat. 5 or better) (length: 15m or longer- You can buy an UTP cable at the event.)
- Could be useful: drivers & installation CD's (if something goes wrong with your PC)
- FoM entrance ticket printed out and your identity card or driver's license (or some kind of photo-ID) if possible for the check-in at the event
- Sleeping bag & air mattress if you don't want to book a hotel room (there's a special room at the event where you can sleep)
- Towel/soap/toothpaste/deo/make-up/... & some fresh clothes
What else can you bring?
- Your own ergonomic chair (there's a chair provided by FoM for every participant)
- A limited amount of food & drinks for your own use (cold drinks and hot snacks are also available at FoM)
What IS NOT allowed?
- Speakers are not allowed! Other loud equipment is also not allowed.
- Tents are not allowed!
- A 2-person air mattress for only 1 person is not allowed!
- Prepared food (fries, pizza, ...) which does not come from the FoM catering is not allowed inside the hall!
- It is not allowed to enter with more than 15 cans and/or 15 bottles of drinks
- Smoking is not allowed inside the hall!
- Downloading or sharing illegal files on the network (or ''software piracy'') is against the law in Belgium
- Playing/showing pornographic material on your monitor/display is not allowed
- Heavy electric equipment: coffee machine, fridge, microwave, water heater ... are not allowed. (mail email@example.com in case of doubt). There is a microwave free for public use at the bar.
- Everything else that is not allowed according to the rules and you also have to follow the instructions of the FoM crew at the event!
- Turn off Public File sharing! No one needs to be browsing your files and pictures
- At the Oktoberhallen or Wieze is no ATM Machine click the link for the closest ATM Machine's http://places.tomtom.com/search?what=geldauto...here=wieze
As always, visitors who do not bring their own computer, have free access to Frag-o-Matic.
The rules below only apply to these non-paying visitors.
Visitors will have to check-in at the entrance and will have to respect certain hours on which they can visit Frag-o-Matic.
Visitors are allowed on:
Friday: 18.00 - 01.00 (or the end of the stage acts)
Saturday: 09.00 - 01.00 (or the end of the stage acts)
Sunday: 09.00 - end of LAN
Outside these hours, visitors will not be allowed to pass the entrance.
If you want to stay at Frag-o-Matic as a visitor, then you will have to stay inside the hall during the night.
Backpacks from visitors are not allowed in the halls. You can leave your backpack at the entrance (reception). You will receive a number which you give back when you are planning to leave the event. Do not loose this number! Valuable things such as your wallet, cellphone,... are allowed in the halls.
Small handbags and camera/film equipment are still allowed.
A list of nearby accommodations can be found here
The event will host a Duel tournament, a team-based gametype (based on community interest), and potentially a fun focused tournament. It will run a standard double elimination system Best of 3 up to Round of 8. Semi's and finals Best of 5. Map pool is yet to be announced, you can vote for your favorite duel maps here. The donations incentive is under discussion - it would be great if the community stepped together and chipped in as a sign of gratitude.
Gametype: Duel, TBA
Setup: Double Elimination, Bo3 / bo5 Semis & Finals
Other info TBA
Links: Frag-o-Matic Official, Order tickets online, Temporary compo list
Edited by Teen Queen at 21:46 CDT, 13 September 2015 - 49256 Hits