With the health and varied diet of esreality users at the foremost of my mind I have decided to start a journal with some beautiful recipes that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy.
I will try and post one recipe at least every week. All the recipes were passed on to me by my mother and she has got most of them from professional chefs.
To start off with we have a beautiful Fish Curry:
400-500g of Cod Loin (cut into 2-inch wide strips with sharp scissors)
1 big onion
5 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon of turmeric (plus the turmeric and salt to coat the fish)
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
3 teaspoon of tamarind paste (can use few drops of lemon juice concentrate as substitute-don't put too much)
3 potatoes cubed
8 ounce bag of spinach
1 orange pepper sliced
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
Fresh coriander leaves
1. Coat the fish with a mixture of turmeric and salt, making sure that it is well coated, bearing in mind not to over do the salt too much.
2. Fry the fish gently in a large frying pan on low heat, on both sides for about 5 minutes in total.
3. Put aside on plate.
4. In the same pan with the same oil (might have to add a bit more oil), fry the chopped onions until soft.
5. Add the grated garlic, turmeric, chilli powder, salt and pepper.
6. Fry over a gentle heat while stirring for approximately 1 minute.
7. Add the potato cubes - stir well to coat in the spices.
8. Add orange pepper and stir.
9. Gradually stir in the spinach, bit by bit. (it may look too much but it will wilt).
10. Add tamarind or concentrate of lemon juice if tamarind is not available (give it a good stir).
11. Add a small amount of boiling water (just enough to cover bottom of pan).
12. Turn to low simmer with the lid on for 15 min (if you can't find a lid to fit, I find that using tin foil to cover the pan works well).
13. Add the tin of chopped tomatoes and stir.
14. Add the chopped coriander leaves and stir.
15. Return the fish to the pan, stir in gently ( try not to break up the fish).
16. Heat it through for another 2 - 3 minutes and serve with Thai Jasmine Rice.
Mske sure yer potatoes are cooked properly.
Next time I will post either a nice spaghetti Bolgnaise or a Chicken Curry.