Edited by entik at 14:30 CDT, 20 March 2020 - 1261 Hits
The purpose of these tournaments is to showcase the changes proposed by the "custom ruleset" (a community made ruleset, where some weapon values are tweaked and adjusted), the goal is not to divide the Reflex community but to propose these changes to the developpers once the tournaments are completed. Full detail can be found here.
Prize Pool Distribution:
EU Current Total: 400 + 1 Supporter Short Sword from Jaguar
Donators: Ramagan : 10, danfel : 10, lolograde : 80, hello! : 10, beat0n : 40, Anon : 10, uaedude : 118, Kyto : 12, FlabCaptain : 25, chortas : 10, FrAgGy : 14, tripats : 10, Pakho : 10, erad : 31, Alva : 10
NA Current Total: $160
Donators: uaedude : $125, erad : $35
AU Current Total: $10
Donators: Ramagan : $10
JP Current Total: $10
Donators: Ramagan : $10
You can contribute to the prizepool by donating to the following Paypal address, Please indicate in your message if it's for the NA, EU, AU, or JP tournament: email@example.com
The Catalyst, Furnace, Pocket Infinity, Ruin, Simplicity
Join https://discord.gg/KkmVPWp on discord for communication
Be autonomous, contact your opponent, play your match, report the score on discord.
Unsporting behaviour may be penalised.
Winner's bracket matches will be BO3, grand final will be double BO3 (if needed).
Loser's bracket mathes will be BO1, except the last two matches which will be BO3.
Map picking system:
Use the 'roll' command to determine which player drops first. (Player with the highest roll is the roll Winner)
W: Roll winner
L: Roll loser
BO3 : Drop(L)-Drop(W)-Pick(L)-Pick(W) - The last map is the tiebreaker map (Maps are played in order of picks)
BO1 : Drop(W)-Drop(L)-Drop(L)-Drop(W) - The map remaining is the map to be played
No unauthorized spectators will be allowed on the servers.
(Players from different regions are allowed, they'll however have to play on the host region's servers if facing an opponent)
Starting time: 18:00 CEST (17:00 to 18:00 for checkin) --- 16:00 UTC
Starting time: 11:00 AM PDT, 02:00 PM EDT. Checkin starts 1 hour before the starting time. --- 18:00 UTC
Starting time: 05:00 PM AEST (04:00 to 05:00 PM for checkin) --- 07:00 UTC
Starting time: 19:00 JST (18:00 to 19:00 for checkin) --- 10:00 UTC
Stream: Looking for a streamer, please post below if you can/want to stream the tournament or contact me on discord !
- Effect optimisation: burst impact, increased spark gravity, reduced number of sparks by 20%, better spark orientations, reduced spark length, increased spark width
- Effect optimisation: rocket explosion, redcued number of sparks by 33%, reduced spark lengths, better spark orientations
- Effect optimisation: blood particles duration now 1.5 seconds (was 2.0 seconds)
- Removed ribbon trails off plasma eject cases
- Shell casing duration reduced from 10 seconds to 5 seconds (making it a max of 10 casings laying around per person for 5 seconds of sustained fire)
- Modified Jaguar head to reduce clipping
- Added Plague head
- Added Bunny Head
- Added Turtle Head
- Furnace (dp5) has had an art pass
- Fixed name for Stage 1 Combat
- Changed name for Stage 2 Combat to follow the same convention
- Aerowalk update: now in sync with workshop version for match making (previous clip fixes)
- Added Announcer - He says things about the match and things you do
- Greatly improved performance of client-side particle collision
- Added map editor sun enabled property
- Added cl_weaponcycle to UI
- Teleporter meshes now appear in the content browser
- Fixed post-fix string issue on date formatting
- Fixed issue where bridge tool would fail when two source edges (from different brushes) were identical
- Increased max length of addon description
- Fixed case sentitivity lua error when calling callWidgetDrawOptions() or callWidgetGetOptionsHeight() with incorrect case (would break Menu.lua if clicking on addon with same name as widget, but different case)
- Fixed flicker when selecting addon/widget in menu, selection is now drawn next frame (after filtering occurs)
- Players no-longer suicide if they change to the team they're already on (important for master server drop-in on team games)
- Changed MM disconnect hover info from "Disconnecting will count as a loss, and you will incur a time penalty" to "Disconnecting will count as a loss" as we don't give time penalties anymore
- Sounds in these effects are limited to max length of 3 seconds:
- Shotgun low ammo warning is now at 5
- Added Gamma Slider and r_gamma
- Dropped weapons (i.e. backpacks containing ammo) are now pickup-able when you have full ammo of the dropped weapon type (and can utilize the ammo).
- Team spawns: We no-longer favor spawns that have friendly's near by. An enemy have rough-los to a spawn will now fully block it from being used.(note: If all spawns have rough-los from am enemy, it falls back to distance-bias based spawn.)
- If you disconnect mid MM game via console, it will now correctly remove you from MM queue (this also catches case when connection is interrupted)
- If you disconnect post MM game via console/menu, it will now correctly remove you from MM queue
cl_predict_items now defaults to 0
- Full MM ladder now shown
- Added drop in/out for casual modes
- Match history now can be filtered by player
- Doubles earns 15 CP, CTF earns 20 CP
- Losers now receive 20% CP reward
added matchhistoryraw/ for importing to your own databases
- Competitive MM unavailable below level 15
- Added 'Proving Grounds' playlist - Thread Here
- Replay editor now hides with cl_show_hud
- TeamHud: fixed an error due to clients disconnecting
- Fixed issue where widget selection wasn't being applied properly
- Added AccelMeter widget
We're very excited to announce that we will be officially launching out of Early Access!
The whole team at Turbo Pixel Studios wants to thank you all for supporting us through the journey of Early Access.
Along with the launch we will be officially starting Reflex Arena's competitive Season 1. The Season will last 3 months and comes complete with leaderboards and downloadable replays: Available here
Weve updated the map pool after taking feedback and pre-season map vote statistics into account.
Aerowalk, The Catalyst, Static Discharge, Ruin, Furnace, Simplicity, Pocket Infinity
The Grave Site, Tephra, Iron Guard, Thermal Blast, Phobos
Sky Temples, Monolith, Suna Station
During the season you will earn competitive points for your wins, which you will then be able to trade for epic gold weapons. You can preview these in-game in the updated Profile section.
Weve been working on bots behind the scenes for a while and were pleased to include them in this release. Check out the bots section under the TRAINING tab or host your own game to play versus them. The bots are targeted towards new players, and also players who wish to practise their aim.
The changelog from the last update to now is available here http://forums.reflexarena.com/index.php?/topi...changelog/
We want to reiterate that launching Reflex Arena out of Early Access is just the beginning. The whole Turbo Pixel team will continue to update, create content, and add new features to the game - we are here for our community, and today we celebrate the 1.0 launch - its a beginning, and not the end!
The Turbo Pixel Team
- Golden weapons now available - these are purchasable with competitive points in the profile menu
- New character parts "Ronin", including legs, arms, chest, head
- New melees: Katana, Tech Katana
- Added arms: Colossal
- Added heads: Jaguar, Owl, Monkey, Hockey, Hog, Cyborg, Roo
- Added jumppad effects to jumppad brushes, subsequently jumppad green surfaces are no longer visible during play
- Training maps have had a quick spit n polish applied
- Updated Ironguard: Isengard off workshop
- Added map Aerowalk
- We've added bots to the game! They are not designed to beat the #1 player in the world, they are designed to practice against.
- You can find bots under TRAINING -> bots.
- You can add bots to your game via PLAY -> Host Game in the menu.
- Alternatively you can use sv_addbot (additional available parameters displayed in console)
- Bots are a first pass and will likely receive future improvements and fixes.
Bots (to map creators)
- To use them in your levels, you can build navmesh with the editor toolbar (or with nav_build), these are saved when maps are saved, and published to workshop when maps are published
- To debug the navigation, you can use nav_debug 1
- Use EntityNavLink's to set up special jumps for bots, you can also help them take jumpads which are not usual trajectory
- note: You'll need to upload your nav to the workshop before people can play bots on your maps!
- Country code length from 2 to 7 chars (sct flag for CrazyAl)
- Can now forfeit in overtime
- r_smaa 1 is now default AA
- screenshotClean will now ignore replay primitive objects (camera spline etc)
- Entity reflection probe position now effects lighting hash (i.e. moving reflection probes will now cause lighting to become invalid)
- Blocked MM if game owner isn't same as logged in steam id (i.e. using family sharing)
- Now receive CP for winning competitive games
- Added Turbo Tuesday! Double CP
- Matchmaking CA / TDM now strictly 4v4
- Updated map pool (see announcement)
- Added team colours to kill feed, in non-team modes own results in kill feed take your primary colour, your kills are highlighted brighter
- Added PickupNotifier widget
- Added FragNotifier widget
- Added TeamHud widget
- ScreenEffects widget: added hurt/damage feedback
- Awards now display for the correct time during replay export.
- Crosshairs.lua updated: added hit feedback (additional drawn (choose from 1 of 7 available), configurable size, end size, intensity, duration), preview displays combined result that will be seen at initial damage dealt
- We've added a UI for the replay editor, including timecode + dropdown to select who you're following
- ESC now works properly in replay editor, with a context-sensitive replay menu
- Spawn system: suicide kills are no-longer random spawn.
- Spawn system: LOS test now much looser (i.e. it won't pass if spawn point is hiding behind a pillar for that instant)
- Changed gconst_grenade_trace_radius_world 1.0 -> 0.5
- Changed gconst_grenade_trace_radius_entities 0.25 -> 0.0
- Fix for crash occuring in client remote console when attempting to format bogus strings
- MatchPicker widget: added clip on author name to prevent long names overhanging map tile
- Fixed issue around "Start" button on menu where it was trying to show an empty hovertext next to it
- Removed sounds heard during load screen
- Game countdown no-longer aborts if someone disconnects in MM games. (I believe this was the cause of behaving players receiving bans - the countdown would stop as opponent has DCd, then they'd DC (rather than wait for the full timeout) which would give them short ban.)
We are excited to announce the release date for Reflex Arena!
Many of you have been here from the very beginning. Thank you so much for being with us on the first part of our journey, and we are thrilled to launch Reflex Arena out of Early Access very soon. Check out the trailer for the official release date, the features we are celebrating, and more.
To thank everyone who has been a part of our community, all our Early Access players will receive the limited edition Golden Founder Melee Wrench in-game. We handcrafted this to say thank you, and will forever mark you as one of The Originals before we launch Reflex Arena out of Early Access. Be sure to log in before March 8th to get your Golden Founder Melee Wrench, accessible from the Reflex Arena home screen!
Just start Reflex Arena before the official launch to receive your very own Golden Founder Melee Wrench!
The launch out of Early Access adds so much content and features that our community has helped shape. We will have full details soon, but we can reveal that we are adding:
Bots: We are adding full bot/AI support to the game (hell yes!). This means a better in-game experience for new players, with more training, tutorial, and solo options for offline play. Our bot system also means that our seasoned players can sharpen skills with target practice while waiting for matchmaking. Join a matchmaking queue, and wreck bots in offline target practice while you wait for a PvP match to launch!
Competitive Seasons & Online Leaderboards: PvP is at the very soul of Reflex Arena. When we launch out of Early Access, so begins Competitive Season One. Face off against the global community to earn your place in a new Online Leaderboard, with a new Competitive Points system.
Matchmaking Rewards: We are celebrating our new Competitive Points system in matchmaking and our competitive season launch, where the CP you earn in matches against players can be used for glorious golden weapons. This will kick off with the upcoming competition Season 1 - stay tuned for more information!
Brutal new skins and cosmetics are coming, as well as training map improvements, shiny new weapons and more are all coming in the Reflex Arena launch out of Early Access.
Its important to note that launching Reflex Arena out of Early Access is just the beginning. The whole Turbo Pixel team will continue to update, create content, and add new features to the game - we are here for our community.
With cheers and celebration,
The Turbo Pixel Team
Matchmaking was released with a blast. We've had over 10,000 games played in just 2 weeks!
The focus of this build is to directly improve on our first pass matchmaking implementation with our observations made the community feedback we have received. :)
Matchmaking: Vote system
- We have re-worked the map voting system to a pick/drop solution where you cannot see your opponents vote until vote time is over
- We wanted to keep the 3 random map selection still, but we do agree with giving the power to down rank a map, and have this map not played. So your down vote will out-rank the opponents up vote.
- With larger groups the voting is cumulative, so be strategic when voting as a party!
Matchmaking: Spectate games
- People want to be able to watch active MM games (and so do we!). We've made this possible, and even added it as a tile to the home menu!
- Spectators can only talk with other spectators, to ensure the people playing are not interrupted.
Matchmaking: Party support
- We've added party support! So you can now grab your friend and queue up in the fun
- Party chat is available in menu of course. You can also party chat in game via sayparty (default bind U).
Matchmaking: Lobby now optional
- We've added a lobby checkbox on the Quickplay screen so people can chose to go play other things while they wait for the matchmaking queue to pop!
- We also re-positioned the overlay so it wouldn't overlap game time widgets since you can play other games while in queue.
Matchmaking: Backend changes
- We have re-structured how data is stored behind the scenes to split regions into US/EU etc
- This is an ongoing process that's setting things up for the near future
- MMR has been reset as a result.
- Added Brazil servers
- Russian servers have moved location to hopefully provide better pings
- Health bar widget: added options from armour bar
- Server browser: added option to sort servers by hostname
- Server browser: restored "show old" option
- Added prev/next page button to addon browser
- MMR values now refreshed when going to main menu to ensure they're up-to-date on profile tile overlay
- Updated twitter link in home menu
- Thicker MH pickup trails for improved visibility
- Reduced IC impact sparks amount and size
- Fixed bone orientation for adjustable wrench and pipe wrench
- Armour mesh changed to hostile torso
- Disable previously set mutators when starting training from the menu
- Added mutator: infinite ammo
- Removed weapon hum in instagib mutator
- Can no longer forfeit on racemode
- Added enemy sounds for jump/land etc (thanks Greed)
- Tweaked damage sounds for friendly/enemy players
- Added new keybind mark replay, defaults to M
- Added new loading tip: "Remember to hit 'Mark Replay' in your matchmaking games, you might be famous!",
- Added new loading tip: "Matchmaking replays can be found at replays.reflexarena.com"
- Log type notification now has subtypes: generic, party, pickup
- Log type chat now has additional subtype: party
- Game now clamps cl_playercolor* to safe ranges
- Fixed potential crash bug when matchmaking popup times out & user is disconnected
Today we're releasing Matchmaking, our new 2v2 map, Ironguard, from our previous competition, and many other small fixes!
So how does it work?
Under "PLAY" in the menu, you will see "Quick Play" which is the new Matchmaking, "Find Match" which is the server browsers, and "Create Match" which is the old Start Server.
Under Quick Play you can select all the "playlists" you want to queue for, and hit start.
At this point, you're put in a lobby server, here you can run around / practice etc while your worked through the queue. If you leave the lobby, you will be removed from the matchmaking queue.
Once a match is made, the players for your game will be sent off to another server to play your match. After this match that server will turn into a lobby server at which point you'll be automatically re-queued to matchmaking.
Is it ranked?
Competitive modes are ranked. After your first 10 placement matches you'll be able to see which division you have achieved. We also display a progress but which shows your progress through the division.
At the end of a match you'll see your division progress change due to the match results.
Casual modes are internally ranked, but the user is presented with XP, as the focus is on fun + gaining XP.
What ranks are there?
There are 7 ranks to work through:
- Prime Overlord
Where are the servers hosted?
We'd like to pass a huge thanks to Linden from Swiftnode, who is our official server host. We have servers hosted throughout US, EU, AU, Russia and Japan. We'll be watching server load and adjusted server numbers as required. If you select "Region" in the "Quick Play" screen you can see your ping to each region. If there's demand for another region please reply and if it's popular enough we'll look at adding servers there.
We don't have the resources to test matchmaking on a larger scale, so please be patient if it's a bit bumpy over the new few days/weeks as we tweak the system as players start to use it.
The playlists are not set in stone. We're interested to see which ones are popular, and open to any changes / suggestions people have on improving them / adding new ones. Update: I'll put a post together later day listing all playlists & map pool selection
Iron Guard our recent 2v2 competition winning map has been release with an art pass. We've added several new supporting art meshes which now can be used in your own maps.
The bridge tool is a new map editor tool, this allows you to more easily create smooth geometry with brushes.
- In editor, hold shift to select a face, push "B" to start
- now go to another face and you'll see the wire-frame outline of brushes to be generated
- you can use mousewheel to decrease/increase tessellation
- when you click, the brushes are created.
- Stun baton
- Spartan head
- Supporter pipe
- Supporter cleaver
- Added authorString to worldspawn. This allows users to set a custom author string to support multiple authors.
- The mode1v1, modeCTF etc properties in worldspawn now all default to off, you need to set these up properly next time you publish! Hopefully this will help cleanup the workshop somewhat.
- Added ip cvar for multi-home support (use +ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx as command line parameter)
- Implemented rcon support following Source RCON protocol
- Added sv_mode, sv_mutators, sv_ruleset to allow you to instantly change without callvote
- Added sv_allowcallvote
- Added forfeit option
- Added 2v2 gamemode
- Team damage now off in casual ruleset
- Casual CTF time limit reduces to 10 mins (from 15)
- Casual arena score limits reduced (atdm 8->5, affa 8->5, a1v1 12->5)
- Server STDIN now reads from console input rather than STDIN. - - This fixes issue where if STDIN is re-directed, we would end up spinning eating CPU usage.
- Fixed bug in callvote shuffle where it would pull too many players over
- Fixed issue where "Spectors", "Players", "Editors" etc titles would receive incorrect colours in scoreboard
- Optimisation/fix: widget list only sent to when it changes (rather than every frame)
- Server countdown won't start if server is still downloading from workshop (previously you could hear it on load screen)
Today's point release contains a couple immediate bug fixes as well as a big cleanup on game balance settings.
Note: Very aware of the issue where MMR is not being awarded correctly after some Matchmaking games, we are looking in to this.
- Fixed crash bug on launch when using Steam Client Beta
- Added option to hide MM servers from server browser
- Added option to hide locked server from server browser
- CTF is now 4v4
- Fixed timelimit on doubles to be 10/15mins (casual/competitive)
- Massive gameplay cleanup, experimental/casual/competitive now have consistent knockback/damages etc
- YA pipes now angled to jump up
- +5h pickups in duct no longer floating
- Fixed collision near mega floor
- Fixed collision in doorframe at carnage
We've done a big cleanup pass on game balance. Competitive/Casual are the core rulesets we have as they are the rulesets used on matchmaking. All experimental settings (with slightly modification) have been pulled into casual/competitive (see full list below). There are a lot of changes including splash, timelimits, weapon respawns and weapon damage / knockback.
We've pulled our recent splash changes from experimental into competitive/casual. The differences you'll see in competitive/casual (from before) are: The splash should now be more linear based on distance from impact. The knock-up is also fixed.
CTF is now 4v4
Doubles now correctly uses 2v2 gamemode (will have lower timelimit)
mode: casual / competitive
ffa: 5 / 10
1v1: 5 / 10
2v2: 10 / 15
tdm: 10 / 20
ctf: 10/ 20
OFF in 2v2 + TDM only
Weapon respawn time:
20 seconds in 2v2/TDM, 10 seconds in all other modes.
Armor & mega pickup sounds:
We've increased the distance armor & mega sounds can be heard from 1340 -> 2200 units.
burstgun_ammopickupammo 5 (was 10 in competitive)
burstgun_lowammo 5 (was 10 in competitive)
burstgun_maxammo 30 (was 40 in competitive)
burstgun_startammo 20 (was 40 in competitive)
shotgun_reload 950 (was 1000 in competitive)
shotgun_ammopickupammo 5 (was 10 in competitive)
shotgun_pellet_knockmult 1.6 (was 2 in competitive)
shotgun_pellet_knockmult_airbourne 1.4 (was 1.25 in competitive)
shotgun_pellet_trace_radius_entities 0.5 (was 0 in competitive)
grenade_trace_radius_world 1.0 (was 0.5 in competitive, 0 in experimental)
grenade_trace_radius_entities 0.25 (was 0.5 in competitive, was 0 in experimental)
plasmarifle_lowammo 30 (was 40 in competitive)
plasmarifle_maxammo 120 (was 200 in competitive, 150 in experimental)
plasmarifle_weaponpickupammo 75 (was 60 in competitive, was 75 in experimental)
plasmarifle_ammopickupammo 30 (was 50 in competitive)
cell_knockmult 0.85 (was 0.428 in competitive, 0.425 in experimental)
cell_knockmult_self 2.0 (was 2.22 in competitive, 2.0 in experimental)
cell_knockmult_airbourne 1.0 (was 2.14 in competitive, 1.0 in experimental)
rocketlauncher_maxammo 25 (was 30 in competitive)
rocket_damage_splashmult 0.85 (was 1.0 in competitive, 0.85 in experimental)
(this means a direct rocket does 100 damage, if you JUST miss the max splash damage you can do is 85)
rocket_explosion_radius 116 (was 112 in competitive, 112 in experimental)
rocket_knockmult 0.85 (was 1.0 in competitive, 1.0 in experimental)
rocket_knockmult_airbourne 1.0 (was 1.5 in competitive, 1 in experimental)
rocket_trace_radius_world 0.25 (was 0 in competitive, 1 in experimental)
rocket_trace_radius_entities 1 (was 0 in competitive, 1 in experimental)
hum is now enabled (was off in competitive, on in experimental)
hum far atten changed from 1340 -> 1250 (travels less distance)
hum 3d volume changed from .7 -> .6
hum 2d volume changed from .7 -> .2
beam_knockmult 1.4 (was 1.8 in competitive, 1.7 in experimental)
beam_knockmult_airbourne 1.6 (was 1.3 in competitive, 1.7 in experimental)
beam_trace_radius_entities 0.5 (was 0 in competitive, 0.5 in experimental)
ioncannon_reload 46 (was 44 in competitive, 46 in experimental)
ioncannon_lowammo 30 (was 60 in competitive)
ioncannon_maxammo 150 (was 200 in competitive)
bolt far atten changed from 1340 -> 1250 (travels less distance)
bolt 3d volume changed from .8 -> .6
bolt 2d volume changed from .8 -> .2
boltrifle_weaponpickupammo 5 (was 10 in competitive)
As always, open to _constructive_ feedback. Let's be nice to each other lads :) <3
Have a great weekend!
Today we're releasing version 46. This version adds the training game mode.
Training allows you to practise your movement, aiming & dodging and compete against your friends. We've added turrets which shoot at you (which can be disabled by shooting them). We've got targets which can move around the world and explode in to pieces. We've added tokens to collect and finally leaderboards at the end of the mission where you can test your time vs your friends.
All these building blocks are fully available in our map editor, and we're very much looking forward to see people use them in their workshop maps!
This build also includes many experimental update including the return of the much requested stake launcher. It's had all it's previous bugs ironed out and we're eager to see people use it. We've also updated experimental to more closely match the competitive ruleset (as that's generally the players who use it), and we've also tweaked the knockback to deliver a more consistent experience.
On top of this we've done an art pass on the rocket launcher and shotgun. We also snuck in a couple extra melee's and robot pieces :) The highly anticipated supporter crowbar will make an appearance too!
Finally I got to add a friends list to the home screen which I've been itching to get to for some time, it is very useful! :)
- Weapon: rocket launcher art pass
- Weapon: shotgun art pass
- New melee: sickle
- New melee: khopesh
- New melee: supporter crowbar
- New piece: droid head & droid head angry
- New piece: spark head
- New piece: gear head
- Added sphinx head mesh - Promeus request
- Revised robot glow colours
- Added meshes: gothic books - MAD_JIHAD request
- Updated falling icon - MAD_JIHAD request
- No ammo warning added to LowAmmo widget
- Timer widget now has flag to count up/down
- WeaponRack Widget now has toggle vertical option (on = default, off = horizontal)
- Added showPassword option to Connect dialog
- Added friends list, steam friends added rich presence
- Node selection combo in MatchPicker for LOCAL maps (i.e. not steam maps) now works
- Map editor toolbar now shows lighting button & progress
- Map editor toolbar updated to new widgets
- Exposed weaponIndexChangingTo to lua
- Added ability to give a textRegion focus from lua
- Melee attack is now server authored
- Fixed bug where -mouse5 wasn't triggered properly with cl_input_subframe 1
- Workshop publish button no-longer crashes when not connected to steam
- Removed timers from experimental, removed powerup drop from experimentaltdm -- idea is experimental is made for competitive players.
- Changed splash fall-off to be linear & lowered the minimum splash damage greatly. Essentially now splash radiuses will be larger but should do similar knockback to before.
- When applying splash damage in air it always obeys splash direction (rather than rocket direction). i.e. it'll knock you away from point of impact
- Added experimental_stake ruleset
- Burst gun reload changed from 650 to 750
- Burst gun projectile speed changed from 3000 to 3500
- Grenade trace radius changed from 2 to 1
- Grenade explosion radius changed from 128 to 150
- Rocket trace radius changed from 0 to 1
- Rocket explosion radius changed from 112 to 120
- Ioncannon ground knockback multiplier changed from 1.8 to 1.25
- Ioncannon air knockback multiplier changed from 1.3 to 1.7
- Ioncannon beam radius changed from 1 to 0.5
- Ioncannon beam damage is 6
- Bolt Rifle lowammo warning changed from 5 to 3
- Bolt Rifle maxammo changed from 20 to 10
- Bolt Rifle weapon included ammo changed from 10 now 5
- Bolt Rifle ammo pickup changed from 5 to 3
- TDM weapon respawn time 20 seconds (we're looking to separate 2v2 & 4v4 tdm modes in the future)
- Ioncannon now has idle sound
- Bolt Rifle now has idle sound
Map editor training entities:
- Pickup Training Token - new pickup type
- EntityTriggerVolume - output "links" when player enter/exits region
- EntityMessage - input "links" to show/hide or display message for 3 seconds
- EntityGoal - input "link" which flags a goal that needs to be done to complete training
- EntityAccumulator - input "link" which counts, output "link" which fires when count reached
- EntityTurret - self explanitory I hope :)
- EntityShootable - self explanitory I hope :)
- EntityExit - input "link" which indicates training has ended
For an example of the training entities, please check out the training maps !
edit: pro tips:
to get use stake gun do a "callvote ruleset experimental_stake"
to bind the weapon to a key to "bind R weapon 9"
We're running a 2v2 TDM mapping competition! We're looking for the best 2v2 map which will then receive a full art pass and become the next official Reflex map.
1st prize: AU$500 + your map will receive a visual pass from developers (new meshes, effects etc. will be made) and be made an official map. You will be fully credited as the original layout author.
2nd prize: AU$150
3rd prize: AU$50
- We're looking for a 2v2 map layout - we are judging based on layout only.
- You are able to do some visuals if you wish to imply visual ideas, the theme is industrial sci-fi.
- Replays of matches on the final version welcomed and encouraged.
- Create your map & submit to workshop.
- To officially enter reply to this thread with a link to your workshop map.
- If you're after additional feedback, create a thread for your map in the mapping forum.
- Existing maps can be submitted
- No ports, we're looking for new maps & you must own the map.
- Team submissions allowed, see legal section.
How judging works:
- Judging will be ran from September 19th to September 25th.
- We'll have a public forum thread where anyone can vote for their favourite map.
- We'll have community judges privately voting their top 3 maps as well.
- Official judging will be done by Turbo Pixel, we'll take all votes into account and announce the winner on September the 28th.
- Midnight UTC September 18th
- In order to accept 1st prize all contributing parties for the map will need to sign a legal document to assign non-exclusive rights for Turbo Pixel Studios to use your map layout. This allows Turbo Pixel to ship it in the final game, while it allows you to use your map layout in another game if desired.
0.45.0 is our character & animation update. We've decided to split training into another release. This allows us to deliver the character & animation build earlier :) Training will become 46, I'll update the road map thread shortly.
- We've added character customisation where you can mix & match different robot parts.
- There are now 5 robots: hostile, dedlock, sentinel, tracker & hornet.
- We've changed player colouring so you CAN set your own colour in non-team modes
- Added a "glow color" you can now specify
Implemented new animations:
- We've done a full animation pass.
- We've added additive animations so the player smoothly looks around now.
- We've added IK so player feet stand on ground / ramps correctly
- We've added ragdoll (configurable in game options)
- We've made the feet lead to and pull away from the ground when jumping to make bunny hopping look "real" :)
- Standard melees & robot parts now have a chance of dropping at the end of a match.
- Grenade launcher has received it's art pass.
- We've added +crouch
- It does change the hitbox, it's a smooth transition from big<->small
- When crouched you move slower
- You can crouch in the air, so you can jump into small gaps.
- Cleaned up color overrides to be cl_colors_relative, cl_colors_enemy, cl_colors_friend. Color overrides only work when you are playing. When you are spectating it always uses the team color (or players color if not in team game)
- Profile UI now shows if you have multiple of an item
- Updated in-game roadmap
- Silhouettes can now be any colour
- Gibs/ragdoll colours & silhouette colours are now updated when you change team / colour override settings
- Added workshop buttons to title in scoreboard
- Clicking map title on scoreboard takes you to workshop
- Now get +10xp for a kill
- Carnage effect no-longer makes player go black. (helps with readability)
- Shotgun experimental now in core game
- Plasma experimental now in core game
- Flag Drag experimental now in core game
- Fixed time-code display in replay editor
- No swim animations yet
- Golden morning star isn't attaching correctly, will fix in first point release
New Supporter Weapons:
- As voted by the public, we have released two new supporterr Melees: Short Sword and Mjolnir
- We've added 44 awards which are awarded for doing various cool things in game.
- There's an award screen which you can use to see what they are and which one's you've received.
Added XP system:
- XP is earned by receiving awards. XP is a fun stat which gives you progression for playing Reflex, and allows you to see how long your opponents have played Reflex too. We'd like to attach XP to player drops further down the line.
Added Steam Stats Integration:
- We've added some fun statistics to allow you to track your adventures through Reflex.
- Added KillFeed with lots of new unique death SVGs
- Added SVGs for each custom melee weapon! You can see this in the weapon rack & the kill feed.
- Added Profile Tile to main screen
- Added re_setfov & re_setfovlerp -- you can now specify FOV for your key frames.
- m_advanced_acceleration now handles negative numbers
- cl_country is now flood protected
- Fixed spawn issue which was favouring wrong spawn when NO valid spawns were found (really this only happened in test/empty maps)
- Flags should now appear on pickup list in competitive mode
- Added skeleton arm mesh - MAD_JIHAD request
- Added Lua var player.weapon.isAllowed which indicates if you're in a weapon restrictor
- SVGs can now scale in Lua without a huge performance cost
- SVGs can now be blurred (they are converted to single colour in the progress)
- Exposed nvgLineHeight()
- Added weaponDefinitions table so you don't need a player to get weapon name & colours
- Added global steamId of local player
- Large avatar of local player is now available
Gameplay (changes pulled from experimental to core):
- Ramp fix
- Melee trace range 64 -> 80 units
- Melee trace radius 8 -> 12 units
- Rocket explosion radius 96 -> 112 units
- Spawn LOS check angle 120 -> 360 degrees
- Spawn LOS distance 768 -> 1000 units
- Casual TDM is reduced from 15 to 10 minutes
- Weapon respawn is now 25 seconds in competitive TDM mode
- Plasma cell speed changed from 3000ups -> 1500ups
- Plasma cell damage changed from 12 -> 15
- Shotgun reload changed from 1000ms to 800ms
- Flag drag, over 640 ups your speed will be limited with flag. After feedback here :)
- Reverted previous IC changes, going to try something else in the future.
- Netcode optimisations to reduce traffic, this helps previous lag experienced in high player count matches.
- (A lot of) CPU & memory load reductions. This helps with performance (and stability) of high player count matches.
- App is now back to CLI
- Now shows load % to give you an idea of performance.
- Fixed issue where crash reporter was deadlocking
- Added com_logfilename, can use to log console on client/server
- Content browser now keeps selection on hide
- You can now mouse-over a server in the server browser to get a player list of people in server
- re_export export now correctly names images *.png (was previously writing *.tga despite them being pngs)
- Renamed "Callvote: Match" -> "Change Map / Mode"
- Dropped pickups now collide with PLAYER_CLIP
- Added rulesets casual/competitive/experimental (sv_ruleset, sv_startruleset, callvote ruleset)
General bug fixes:
- Adjusted range on FOV slider (was -200 -> 200 now 70 -> 170)
- Fixed reflection probe issue where they occasionally broke across map change -- please rebuild your maps and upload to workshop!
- Fixed issue where IC beam sustain sound wasn't correctly being positioned on 3rd person weapon
- Fixed issue in ATDM where suicide damage was counting towards your points
Editor bug fixes:
- Fixed bug where sky fields were listed twice
- Fixed a bunch of lua errors thrown when bogus values added to edit boxes
- Restored "Apply Selection" UI button in EntityVolumeSelect
- An experimental ruleset has been added to allow for rapid iteration & testing without impacting the core gameplay (i.e. tournaments).
- When pre-jumping on angled ramp you'll now be effecting by ramp angle
- Spawn system: increased spawn blocking angle check to 360 & distance to 1024
- IC trace is now "fat" (it has volume, instead of being a point trace).
- IC damage reduced to 5
- Plasma cells now have volume
- Slightly increased Melee range and radius.
- Added casual ruleset designed to just be loaded up and played. It's the default ruleset for Reflex.
- Reduced 1v1 timelimit to 5 minutes and team game time limits to 15.
- Added competitive ruleset designed for competition play
- Item respawn times are not exposed to Lua
- Timelimits are standard 10/20 mins.
- Double kill bug still exists.
- Double flag (!) flag is popping out when people don't die some times, seems releated to double kill bug.
- Triple jumps are apparently are not working in experimental branch.
com_logfilename seems to not be writing everything correctly.
Monolith, Camper Crossings, Spider Crossings
- Added ammo box pickups
- Boxes generally give half the ammo of a weapon pickup
- These can be placed by mappers the same as every other kind of pickup.
- Changed behavior of dropped weapons
- Players now recieve ammo for the dropped gun
- Players also recieve 50% of the enemies ammo for all other weapon types
Changes + Improvements
- Improved the performance of SMAA 1x (by about 90%)
- Improved visuals and performance of HBAO+ (by about 5-10%)
- Changed how pre-load hashes are calculated, which should fix some issues with some Workshop maps not correctly preloading.
- Changed version of included MSVCP120.dll
- Updated the look of the weapon list to make ammo count more obvious.
- Fool's Choice
- Use and Abuse
- Static Discharge
- The Catalyst
- Removed sv_steamport
- Steam queries now use the same port as the game (sv_gameport).
- This should fix issues (that were totally not our fault for once) with connecting via steam:// links
- Fixed multiple reflection probes for shader quality 0
- Added simplistic network compression & encryption, seeing a reduction of around 33% traffic (server->client only)
- Changed default sv_steam_port from 25797 to 25788
- Reduced jittering of all entities client-side
- Reduced jittering when colliding with other players
- Added comment support to config (.cfg) files
- Connect coomand is now just <ip:port>
- Use "password <blah>" in the console to supply a server password
- This format is required for steam:// links
- We now load player steam friends list, and their avatars
- Allowed friend info for players you meet in a server (to get their avatar + steam info)
- IMPORTANT: Our dedicated servers now require the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) to be installed.
- Steam is supposed to install it automatically but that doesn't seem to work with SteamCMD.
- We expect we'll end up including this in future releases but for now we don't.
- All weapons again obey weapon offsets
- Updated IC: revised mesh, updated beam and impact effects, additional animation and glow effects when firing, new sounds based on states
- Fixed ioncannon beam clipping through ground visually in some instances in first person
- Added player hands in first person
- New first person weapon animation system
- Shotgun, boltrifle, plasmarifle casings eject from their correct positions again
- New first person melee animations
- Optimisation pass on egyptian meshes
- Optimisation pass on japan meshes
- Blood decals are now larger and moister with smoother normals (helps look a bit thicker)
- Gib decals have more velocity spread (more likely to go on walls)
- CTF carried flag wisp toned down (might need another pass still)
- Blood on melee weapons now correctly matches blood in the world.
- Robot blood is now some kind of blueish coolant or something
- Added in-game stats for weapons, powerups & generic player info (calculated server side)
- We also now track top 5 race times (and distance / topspeed / avgspeed), and store these for each player too
- Stats are all pushed to lua
- Stats are currently only available during matches -- no fancy web API.
- Implemented new scoreboard to showcase stats
- Scoreboard is different per gamemode
- Scoreboard is interactive
- By default hold +showscores and rightclick to enable cursor.
- You can click on another player to view more info about them, including adding them to friends / viewing their profile
- You can re-bind the scoreboard cursor release in the options menu. Either with the "showscorescursor" command for a specific key, or "showscorescursorhook" which allows you to hook it in to an existing key "Jump" / "Attack".
- You can now see player steam avatars on scoreboard
- You can now see friend status / add player to friends list on scoreboard
- Added flag for each player to the scoreboard, this is toggled with cl_country (cl_country default is pulled from steam)
- Implemented /roll command (WoW style). To use, type "roll 20" in console
- Improved the feel of projectiles by pushing the projectile spawn position from 8 to 28 (and fixed all the bugs that usually would have caused).
- Added ReflectionProbe entity. The old effect based reflection probes still work but are deprecated.
- Added me_showclip
- Added "Show Clip" to MapEditor.lua titlebar, which controls me_showclip
- Players will no longer get stuck inside each other
- Instead, they will have their collision disabled until it can be resolved.
- Internally, this is now known as "Patrick Swayzeing"
- Fixed bug where overlapping guns could prevent pickups. i.e. if player full on burst ammo, and burst gun overlapped RL, RL was blocked.
- Steam defaults are now applied after config load (this was probably causing steam defaults to be stomped :|) note - they are only applied if cvar is at default value!
- Clicking on ReflectionProbe no longer breaks it
- Fixed issue where prefab names with a space in them weren't properly being parsed in on map load.
- Fixed issue where end of game sound would sometimes play on connection
- Right click friend->join game should now work
- Players are Patrick Swayzeing more often than expected.
- Again, our Dedicated Server currently requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) to be installed
- Race times in scoreboard are not sorted properly
- Race times do not reset properly
- You can now grab maps directly from the workshop when starting a server or callvoting a new map via the in-game menu.
- Added new console commands: "wmap <id>" and "wmatch <id> <mode>" for voting workshop maps
- Maps can now be published to Workshop directly from our map editor via the "Publish" button in the top toolbar.
- You can also rate, favourite and subscribe to maps during the end game screen.
- Spawn system overhaul
- Fixed broken biasing giving wrong spawns
- You can no-longer spawn at same spawn as last time (10 second timeout)
- Added line-of-sight check
- LOS checks can favor/block potential spawns depending if person viewing it is friend/foe. In team games it's modified by number of people viewing spawn. i.e. 2/4 team mates looking at a spawn, will increase the change you can spawn there by 50% of the existing chance. Existing chance is based off normal distance biasing.
- Added fall-back in team/FFA games where all spawns are not available. It will allow any spawns except ones assigned to other team (ctf) or if a team mate is standing on it.
- Added initialSpawn property to player spawns -- these will be used for the first spawns of the game (provided there are enough available).
- Burstgun now fires 6 shots, at staggered offsets, and do 7 damage per pellet
- Removed modes a1v1, atdm, affa from worldspawn -- these are now just attached to 1v1, tdm, ffa, respectively
- Added weaponclip magic material -- blocks shots but not players.
- Game won't end due to few players if there's a player in editor mode. (i.e. you can solo edit race maps while game is in progress now)
- Added EntityWorkshopScreenshot -- saves out high quality screenshots on publish so you can quickly update additional screenshots via the Workshop website
- Screenshot/screenshotWithDepth now save to PNG format
- Added support to auto-convert old netcode revisions to live version AKA "we can load old replays (from now on)"
- Improved connection/mapchange handshake-- maps can now be pre-loaded if client can source the same map. (from either disk or workshop)
- Improved load screen, no-longer triggered just on gamestate download. also displays client/server workshop download percentage.
- Added hands in 1st person (only partially visible on burst gun so far, WIP)
- Scoreboard will now list people queue'd for teams under the correct team. spectators / editors are still always on the left under team ALPHA.
- Added ready up text
- Implemented fog system
- Added end of game camera wobble & sound
- Added game finished flag to replay file. (only flagged if gamestate is gameOver on save)
- Replay recording are now correctly saved & stopped on map / mode change.
- You can now see yourself in the end-game screen.
- Replays created from workshop maps are now prefixed with TITLE instead of mapname (5939432432)
- Removed r_ssao & our SSAO implementation (we still have r_hbao)
- Renamed "SSAO" in options menu "HBAO+"
- Fixed replay editor toggle bind in UI (wasn't hooked up properly)
- Fixed incorrect material assignment - brick_gothic_wall_cnr
- Fixed AmmoCount.lua from stomping lua weapon colour (so it appeared white)
"com_maxfps" limited to [10->inf) or 0. quick fix this prevents issues caused when playing < 4fps
- Fixed subframe bug where mousewheel events would be triggered when console was visible
- Fixed issue where clicking JOIN ZETA button wouldn't work (as it was performing two cvars on same frame, and correct data wasn't being sent to server)
- Fixed issue where cl_playercolor* would stomp some player state flags when it shouldn't. (such as changing team index to 0)
- Replay file names are now purged before saving to disk (previously bogus character names in players were preventing files from being created)
- Fixed script bug where "FRAGGED" would be displayed when you're queue'd to play.
- Binds are no-longer passed to game now when in the menu. (this fixed weapon being changeable in menu + also editor working in menu)
- Disabled crosshair in end of game screen
- Fixed spawn biasing to actually work properly (see more info in the "Gameplay" section)
- Callvote dialog no-longer hides & re-appears when die.
- Start server button (in menu) now performs "disconnect" first, ensuring it's a true server restart, and not just a map change.
- Removed some redundant/old textures to free up some VRAM
- Updated hostile (has new normals, improved lods)
- Updated ivy textures: simplified albedo look a bit and halved res (1.7mb on disk to 440kb on disk)
- Updated pipes to have smooth normals
- Updated PRDM3/Ruin -- bolt platform lowered, new blue tele by the mh/yellow armor
- Maps shipped with Reflex have now been renamed to their proper titles (such as Ruin.map) instead of arbitrary gibberish
- Transitioned a heap of previously included maps to workshop
- Renamed sv_public to sv_steam to avoid near-constant confusion
- Implemented sv_allowmodes -- server will prevent changes to anything NOT in that list. If list is empty, all modes are allowed.
- New Burstgun mesh (still a work in progress)
- Industrial mesh set optimisation pass
- Optimised effects: environment steam
- Optimised effects: lots weapon trails and impacts
- Optimised effects: pickup smoke
- Ivy leafs now all support albedo overrides
- Ivy performance increase
- Added Lua variables: serverConnectedToSteam, player.inventoryMelee, world.mapWorkshopId, timeLimit, timeLimitRound
- Added Lua function: meGetPrefabList()
- Exposed camera position to lua
- Fixed bug where data saved by widget:saveUserData() wasn't saving correctly if called in widget:finalize()
- Fixed issue where widget cvars were not saving correctly to .cfg
- Exposed vote information to lua
- Callvote popup implemented in lua -- we get pretty pictures now :)
- Fixed bug in WeaponRack.lua where it was stomping weapon colour to white
- Fixed issue where right & middle mouse were flipped for lua mouse regions.
- Removed laughably out of date readme.htm
- Added match <mapname> <mode> command to save doing two seperate votes
- Implemented screenshotClean - generates high quality constant FOV screenshot. Can specify custom resolution here (and take 8k screenshots etc :))
After a few weeks of teasing, its time to release 0.38 on to the unsuspecting public. Some of the major features to check out once your download bar hits 100%:
- A ton of new gothic themed meshes, many of which are showcased in the newly included map Ruin (PRDM3) by PromEUs.
- The long awaited mouse acceleration, with unmatched control over the acceleration curve. There's a ton of settings in the menu to give you the feel you want.
- Some minor gameplay tweaks with a slightly buffed Ion Cannon and a significant improvements to the player respawn system.
- The usual squashed bugs and tech cleanups (such as getting maps ready for workshop integration, fixing bloom, etc)
Primarily though, this update brings a major refresh of our menu system, in preparation for features like workshop integration for maps and HUDs, matchmaking, XP, friends lists, etc -- all the Steamworks features that players have been not-so-patiently waiting for. As the very first step, we've integrated one of the features in surprisingly high demand: cosmetics. We know a small number of players (burned by other games) are a little uncomfortable with the idea, so we'd like to address some of these concerns here (rather than in angry forum posts).
First up, some players feel that it's in poor taste to release cosmetics before the core game is considered complete and historically we've agreed with them. But for this update, we felt the time was right. On the code side, adding this support was pretty trivial, taking only a couple of days. Art of course took longer but with shooter busy on UI, they were a good candidate to be developed in parallel.
During the development of these cosmetics we have also honed our art style to give a much improved look for weapons and we are eager to start applying this direction to the core weapon set. Being able to spend a couple of weeks developing our look like this has been hugely valuable and we've barely scratched the surface.
The cosmetics also give players a way to support the project without us begging for money. We've never been huge fans of taking pure donations and things like Kickstarter or Patreon eat a surprisingly large amount of development time (easily more time than we spent on cosmetics). This is also the idea behind the more expensive, gold, "supporter" editions of some melee weapons -- they're a way for players to throw a bit of extra cash our way to keep us developing while getting some kind of tangible reward.
And of course, any microtransactions in Reflex will *always* be purely cosmetic. We will never have items with different stats because we feel that goes against one of the core values of an Arena FPS -- all players spawn equal. This includes ensuring that no cosmetics ever provide a subtle gameplay advantage (such as reducing your visibility to other players). We will also never use them as a way to paywall off things like modes or maps. If you own Reflex, you'll always be able to play any map or mode in it with anyone else who also owns Reflex.
If at any point in the future we break any of these promises, you are encouraged to track me down and punch me in the face.
- Added a bunch of stuff and then took it out again. You'll have to wait until next year.
- Upgraded to Steamworks 1.35
- Fixed a flicking/shiny bug occurring with newer NVIDIA drivers, only occurred when HBAO/SSAO was enabled.
- Added underlying inventory and economy systems
- Added mouse acceleration and custom curves (special thanks to povohat and kovaak)
- Added cl_input_subframe again
- Defaults to off for now, since there's definitely still bugs with it
- Find them and tell us about it
- Fixed a bunch of keyboard focus issues between raw input & normal input when lua widgets had focus on subframe input
- Fixed melee decal projection direction
- Added PAK file support
- This should dramatically decrease initial loading times for anyone not on a SSD
If you're one of those players who likes pawing through all our assets, pak files are just zips.
- Savemap is now clientside in preparation for publishing maps to workshop
- Savemap is also when .light files are written, so remember to savemap after building light.
- Moved directories: maps, screenshots, replays
- If you're a server admin using various scripts to update, you'll want to adjust them for the new paths
- If you've got custom and work in progress maps, you'll have to move them
- Updated r_bloom (more updates to come, but so far it looks better and runs faster)
- Removed r_bloom 2/3
- Reflex will no longer load invalid files.
- If you've got custom assets, they'll probably fail with an error. Just delete them, they're broken anyway.
- If you're getting lots of failed to load asset errors, delete your reflex folder (using explorer, not Steam) and redownload.
- Fixed melee on back to be hidden while using melee
- Added cvar bindResetToDefaults for when you've broken everything horribly
- Fixed last player in game getting treated as the loser and dropped back into the queue
- Added worldspawn properties: author, name, min/max players, modes
- Invalid lightmap message now only shows while you're in edit mode
- Added fat trace for melees (rather than infinitely thin noodle ray)
- IC now does 6 damage (up from 5)
- Spawn system has been fixed/rewritten
- The way the spawn biasing works has been improved
- Bias is now correctly based on your killers location
- Closest spawn is always eliminated
- Re-write of most game menus and structure
- Added video links to LEARN section (thanks Kovaak and entik! credits section soooon)
- Added sign() function to reflexcore.lua
- We now provide inventory instances & definitions to Lua
- Lua function bindReverseLookup now takes bindState
- Added new melee swing and impact sounds
- Added some menu interactivity sounds
- Added bloodmaps for melees (the more people you whack, the more bloody things get)
- Added/updated prdm3, prdm1-ashur and ctf-monolith (by PromEUs)
- Updated dp4, dp5, dp8 (by def and fht)
- Updated thcdm13 (by tehace)
- Fixed CPM3 jumppads
- Added new cosmetic 6 melees (crescent wrench, crowbar, hatchet, machete, pipe wrench, pipe, supporter hatchet, supporter machete. Go get em!)
- Added additional LoD meshes for performance increases
- Updated fire effects
- Updated several material intensities for bloom (more still to do)
- Removed a bunch of unused micro textures (free'd up lots of vram for computers from a decade ago)
- Gothic (Stone Archways, Barrel, Brick Wall, Dungeon Door, Gargoyle, Angel tatue, Gothic Fence, Gothic Gate, Brazier, Skeletons, Pillars, Tombstones, Cobblestone, Gothic Window)
- Common (Individual Planks)
- Industrial (Jail Door, Jail Bars, Grates)
- Ancient Japan (Stone Wall, Raked Sand)
- Veg (Grass, Flowers)
- Cancelling a chat message with escape will also bring up the menu if subframe input is enabled
- Apparently disabling sun also disables showing your player on the profile screen.
We decided to add a bunch of stupid stuff (including effect changes to rockets, grenades and gibs) to the game for the next few days to celebrate our first year on Early Access. Lets party!
If Reflex is serious business to you, you can disable all the event customizations with cl_events 0
Next pass movement tweaks
Speed and control have been increased for A/D bunny hopping to give a similar feel to 0.36.
Gravity has been increased slightly to between 0.36 and 0.37.0 values to still give an increase in hangtime and readability while feeling less floaty for players.
Ground friction has been increased slightly to improve the feeling of responsiveness when on the ground.
Speed bonus for circle jumps and strafe jumps has been decreased by 5% as many tricks were getting far too easy and that eventually rolls-on to worse maps and longer combat ranges.
This tweak slightly changes the optimum angle for strafe jumps so you may lose some speed until your technique adjusts.
Added ctf-monolith-birthday variant
Added dm-ashur-birthday variant
Minor fixes for ctf-monolith
Servers can now be passworded with sv_password.
Players will be unable to connect unless they know the password.
To connect to a passworded server, use "connect <ip:port> <password>" or use the password dialog in the server browser.
Servers can now set a referee password with sv_refpassword.
Players who know the referee password may become a referee, causing all their votes to instantly pass.
Fixed incorrect velocity for gibs.
The font color for delta score box is now switched between light/dark (based on adaptive luminance of background colour)
Added an icon to show when a server requires a password
Glass cubemap reflection support
Added frosted glass material
Added cl_camera_player <index> to instantly switch to spectating that player.
Added referee mode: referee <password>, unreferee cvars
Early ancient Japan theme: bridge, shoji doors, candles, lanterns, crates, roof tiles, boulders, windows
Early vegetation: monkey tufts, underwater_grass, seaweed_01, grass_monkey_01
Added LODs for many (many) meshes throughout the game!
Carnage pickup updated
Carnage player effect updated
Updated melee weapon (more to come :))
Added weapon decal assets
Added effects: bubbles, drill effect,
Added EntityVolumeSelect (can use to create persistent selections, select VolumeSelect, click select)
Added 2d box select (hold control & click n drag)
Added light overrides to effects, so it's now easier to make lighting fit correctly in custom maps.
Added team materials -- these are magic materials that change colour with the team colours.
Added "teamIndex" to pointlight & spotlight overrides. this allows you to colour a light by team colour.
Added me_listprefabs to show list of prefabs in the current map
Added me_purgeprefabs to remove un-used prefabs (client side only, can only do 5 at a time, bit rough but it works)
Added hero lighting to assist player visibility
Map creators can specify team colours in the worldspawn entity for their map
Clients can also override player colours locally
Console commands are:
Or better yet, just use the options menu
Added Capture The Flag mode (OMG HYPE!!1)
Removed outlines for various technical and gameplay reasons.
Added capsule hitbox for hit detection
Added silhouettes (r_silhouette) -- wallhack for friendly players/flag carriers/gibs/etc.
Increased player size to 72 units high / 36 wide for various artistic and gameplay reasons
Removed "downloading gamestate" console spam when connecting
Increased bolt range from 4096 -> 16384
Added "callvote shuffle" command
Added bind re mutator (for replay editor), added default replay binds to game_default.cfg
Added error to server browser when we fail to connect to steam (rather than just seeing 0 servers)
Quad damage sound now only triggers on initial fire for IC (too late to save Fleabittens eardrums).
Added map CTF-Monolith by promeus & friends
Added DM-Ashur promeus & friends
Update thct7 from Tehace
Updated f14p1 from F14m3z
Flag/quad/mega/resist now dropped if you switch out of player mode (into spec/editor)
s_volume now correctly applied as sound system is initialised (rather than a few frames later)
Prefabs now correctly appear in replays
Plasma effect now reduces correctly on LOW effect setting
Powerups spawn now delayed at start of match
Fixed math bug where we weren't detecting camera was inside a scaled spotlight correctly (causing flickering)
Fixed bug where replays with > 8 players didn't playback properly
Fixed lua error in OptionsMenu.lua when adding bogus fields to widget positions
Local player weapon fire sounds are now properly attached (no-longer lag behind player)
Added NVIDIA cloth
Added symbol to flag reflex.exe as a 3d intensive app on AMD mobile cards
Added software occlusion
Particle systems now sleep when occluded/notvisible
Tweaked static batching to better support large maps
Improved profilers, see cl_show_profiler 1/2/3, r_profiler 1/2, cl_show_traffic, cl_show_lagmeter
Added r_fullscreen_forcestretch for $aboo
Added extra lua flags to death message: "deathTargetHadFlag", "deathTargetHadQuad", "deathTargetHadResist", "deathTargetHadMega"
Added CTF events
Added lua variable connectedToSteam
Server Admin Notes:
Expect an increased server load with 8-10 players on fully detailed Capture The Flag maps. RAM can jump from 30MB to 110MB and it's possible to be sending 30kb/sec per client.
This will be optimised in the future but for now, keep an eye on your server loads.
We are currently investigating a crash bug with the dedicated server software -- please send any crash reports.
Cloth occasionally vanishes -- just treat it as "Capture The Pole" until it comes back.
This is a huge release so expect this list to grow. Please send all crash reports!
Getting a few crash reports in the new occlusion engine. You can use r_occlusion 0 to disable it as a workaround for now. (update: this is occurring on older CPUs, working on a fix currently)
Non-team games will now use teamA for player colours (or enemy if relative override set)
Updated dp5 by Def
Added scalar fallback for occlusion engine, required for CPUs that don't support SSE4.1
Players should no-longer be saved into light light shadow maps
Flagged crashreport to auto restart the app on crash on dedicated servers
"Hey, I'm launders. I commentate professional Counter-Strike matches, stream, and make videos that aim to help people improve their game in CS:GO. BOXR is a community which was founded largely on people who were fans of the movement tutorials I made for CS:GO, and this will be the first time I've really found another competitive game appealing enough that I felt like sharing it with with more than just my stream as I've been uploading Reflex content to my channel on Youtube.
Since watching the "Reflex Movement Overview" video on YouTube I fell in love with what I now consider to be one of my favourite games to play. As someone who has dedicated most of my time to helping people learn, understand and improve their movement in CS:GO, I can really appreciate a game that focuses on this aspect of the meta, especially being based off Quake engine movement. The goal of this tournament is simply to help bring more attention to Reflex and help you all build up the community in an awesome up and coming Arena FPS.
I truly appreciate how this game looks and feels and am happy to see many arena veterans feel the same way. I haven't played as much Quake as I have CS but coming from a background in games like Starcraft I can definitely say I love the competitive nature of a 1v1 layout and since it is no secret that there is a need for a premier Arena FPS, I'd like nothing more than to see that game be Reflex.
Also even though I am the one putting up the money for the prize, and driving it with whatever publicity I can manage to squeeze out of our CS:GO community, the idea wouldn't have become a reality without the help of Nathan who has helped out tremendously from a logistical and organizational stand point. So thank you to him and to all of you who participate either by playing or tuning in."
Round Robin - thct2, thct7, thcdm13
Best of Three - (Ban, Ban, Pick, Pick) thct2, thct7, thcdm13, bdm3, dp4
All maps will be running the absolute latest versions.
**round robin map pool explained**
Prize Distribution is as follows
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
Well be accepting donations which will all go directly to expanding the prize pool. Were setting a goal of $500 donated on top of the initial prize pool of $500 totaling $1000
DONATE HERE! Be sure to include **BOXR REFLEX 01** in your message or we won't know what the money is meant to go towards!
Check-in on Challonge at 2PM EST / 11AM PST
Games begin 245PM EST / 1130AM PST
More info on group scheduling coming soon. Times are subject to change so be sure to stay posted!
All of the finals will be broadcasted live over at twitch.tv/csboxr
While this tournament will be hosted in North America, we will be accepting all entrants.
Please note all servers will be hosted in North America!
Please dont hesitate to ask questions or email us for business inquiries
Created and edited by:
Matthew 'entik' Grady
#uscpmpickup @ irc.quakenet.org
Alexisonfire - You Burn First
Rage Against the Machine - Testify
The Battle of Los Angeles
Alexisonfire - Crisis
Creedence Clearwater Revival - I Heard it Through the Grapevine
The Best of CCR
Q3MME 1.6 http://q3mme.proboards75.com/
Sony Vegas 7.0
Adobe Photoshop CS3
Beta Testing / Feedback:
Everyone who sent demos
CPMA Development Team
D3mentidd - for ftp webspace
Footage Captured With: Q3MME 1.6 (http://q3mme.proboards75.com/index.cgi)
Capture FPS: 200
Capture Resolution: 1280x800
Blur Frames: 32
Blur Overlap: 0
Render Quality: Preview
Frame Rate: 40
Field Order: None (Progressive Scan)
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0000 (Square)
Deinterlace Method: None
Bitrate: 6500 for LQ
7500 for HQ
8500 for SHQ
Other Options: Shaolin Tutorial (http://www.shaolinproductions.org)
Audio Codec: LAME MP3