Now available via extraQL's Userscripts --> Script Management view.
* Filtering (click "Flexible Filter" or hit Shift+F)
* Persistent sorting and filtering
* Redesigned table-based server list
* Custom column ordering (via "Custom Columns" menu item)
* Shift+R to refresh the list
* Other tweaks
Code-wise there isn't much in common with QLNAB, so there are likely some bugs to work out.
Scheduled: 11:30 CDT, 18 May 2014 to 17:30 CDT, 18 May 2014 Schedule: Passed
We're back for another day of Cap This, now featuring the recently-announced QuakeCon 2014 CTF map pool! Tune in at 11:30 CDT, 18 May 2014 as some of North America's top CTF talent showcase their skills in this third NA CTF tournament ran by id_.
Round Robin (best of 1)
11:30 CDT, 18 May 2014 - Live Stream Begins with Coverage of teams and upcoming games
11:30 CDT - Team 1 vs Team 4, Team 2 vs Team 3
12:00 CDT - Team 3 vs Team 1, Team 2 vs Team 4
12:30 CDT - Team 1 vs Team 2, Team 3 vs Team 4
Break: 13:00 CDT - 13:30 CDT (seeding teams)
Playoffs (best of 3)
13:45 CDT - 1 vs 4
14:45 CDT - 2 vs 3
16:00 CDT – Third place match
Round Robin (best of 1)
10:45 CDT, 13 April 2014 - Live Stream Begins with Coverage of teams and upcoming games
11:00 CDT - Game 1: Team 1 vs Team 4
11:30 CDT - Game 2: Team 2 vs Team 3
12:00 CDT - Game 3: Team 3 vs Team 1
12:30 CDT - Game 4: Team 2 vs Team 4
13:00 CDT - Game 5: Team 1 vs Team 2
13:30 CDT - Game 6: Team 3 vs Team 4
Break: 14:00 CDT - 15:00 CDT (seeding teams)
Playoffs (best of 3)
15:15 CDT - 1 vs 4
16:15 CDT - 2 vs 3
17:30 CDT – Third place match
2014-08-06 Update: Apparently the recent Quake Live update broke QLHM, however I'm no longer maintaining the project due to a general lack of interest and the death of userscripts.org, upon which QLHM depended.
As an alternative I'd recommend checking out PredatH0r's extraQL project.
The QLHM source code is, and will remain, available at its GitHub location if anyone wants it. I've also attached two ZIPs: one containing the QLHM cache's userscripts, and another containing a dump of the QLHM userscript cache (which is in JSON and gives some meta info).
This is a project intended to allow "userscripts" to run in the QUAKE LIVE standalone client.
From the README: Want to contribute/help/say thanks?
* Subscribe to QUAKE LIVE if you're able. The "hook.js" script gets loaded thanks to those guys.
* Good pull requests are welcome. There is a lot to be done and rewritten.
* Report a bug, but check if it has already been reported.
* Help others work through the many issues that are bound to occur using QLHM.
IGN Pro League is thrilled to announce the addition of a $100,000 ShootMania tournament at our next live event, IPL5 at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas! ShootMania, developed by Ubisoft's Nadeo studio, is a fast-paced first-person shooter for PC that combines adrenaline-pumping gameplay with simple, clean user controls that make it easy for anyone to pick up and play! This ShootMania tournament marks IGN Pro League's first foray into the field of FPS competition and qualifiers will begin on Monday, October 1st. Elite mode will be the official mode used for the tournament, which is played by two teams of three players each and is a return to classic FPS action that is great for players and spectators alike! ShootMania is being developed with eSports in mind. While the game is still in beta, new eSports-friendly features are being added constantly. Maps and even new game modes can be created easily by the community as the game progresses!
There will be two online qualifiers for Europe, and four online qualifiers for North America. They will be open qualifiers with a best of three format throughout. The winning team for each qualifier will earn free flights and hotel stays for the event (as part of the prizing), which takes place November 29th - December 2nd in Las Vegas, Nevada. Winning teams will be placed into groups at IPL5, with guaranteed prize money being awarded to every team that qualifies. There will also be an open element at the event itself, where walk-ups will be able to participate in a Wild Card tournament and earn their way into the group stage of the larger, $100,000 tournament.
Sign-ups for the six online qualifiers are now open, and you can submit your team and player details using the forms below:
SCV Rush has interviewed Trance, best known for being the "tech guy" behind The GD Studio, Twitch.TV Europe, and Level Up TV.
Some time ago, I wrote up a recap article about the ASUS ROG Tournament, in which I raved about the production value put together by the GD Studio, James "2GD" Harding's esports independent studio project. I was able to talk with James' right-hand man and production guru, Cristian "Trance" Tamas, and ask him some questions regarding the ASUS tournament, his role in the studio, and some other random things!
Ben Kuchera, of The Penny Arcade Report, sat down with id Software's Tim Willits at QuakeCon 2012 to discuss Doom, Rage, and lessons learned.
John Carmack kicked off his 2012 QuakeCon keynote by apologizing for Rage. He candidly discussed the driver issues, the marketing challenges, and the end of the game itself, which he characterized as being “not very good.” It was a conversation you rarely see from someone as powerful as Carmack, and it seemed to pull the crowd to his side from the first moments of the speech. It didn’t make everyone happy, however.
“I wanted to strangle him. It’s QuakeCon! Everyone fucking loves Rage here, shut up!” Tim Willits, the creative direct of id Software, told me in an interview the next day. He was laughing, and seemed to take it in stride, but still. Everyone in the room knew this was going to be a big story. “You don’t think everyone in the audience knows that ATI released the wrong drivers? Dude, zip it!”
Warsow is set in a futuristic cartoonish world where rocketlauncher-wielding pigs and lasergun-carrying cyberpunks roam the streets. It is a completely free, fast-paced first-person shooter for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
Speed and movement is what Warsow is all about. Like a true cyberathlete you jump, dash, dodge, and walljump your way through the game. Grab power-ups before your enemy does, plant a bomb before anyone sees you, and steal the enemy’s flag before they know what is going on!
Our goal is to offer a fast and fun competitive first-person shooter without hard graphical violence - Warsow has no blood or guts flying around. Red stars instead of blood indicate hits and colored cubes replace guts as gib effects.
Fabien : What do you think summarize the main innovations in idTech3 besides:
- Bot I.A
- Virtual Machine: Combining QuakeC portability and Quake2 dll speed.
- SMP & Shaders renderer.
- New Network code.
John Carmack: The explicit split of networking into a client presentation side and the server logical side was really the right thing to do. We backed away from that in Doom 3 and through most of Rage, but we are migrating back towards it. All of the Tech3 licensees were forced to do somewhat more work to achieve single player effects with the split architecture, but it turns out that the enforced discipline really did have a worthwhile payoff.
This script increases the maximum number of matches tracked on the graph shown on your Quake Live profile's Statistics tab to 50 (see the news posts). Since only the 10 latest match results are made available at any given time, this script attempts to pull that data when you first connect to the website, and again whenever you exit the game.
NOTE #1: Only Premium and Pro users have access to the graph feature. This script will do normal users no good, and bad things will probably happen if it is installed. Please support QL if you are able!
NOTE #2: Since the extra match data is saved onto your computer, others will not be able to see that information when they view your profile.
NOTE #3: This userscript isn't magical. You will need to play games with the script installed before more than 10 matches will appear.
Scheduled: 14:00 CDT, 2 June 2012 to 23:00 CDT, 2 June 2012 Schedule: Passed
Giving many their first look at true Shootmania gameplay, Ubisoft and Nadeo have announced the TwitchTV Shootmania Tournament, featuring well-known casters Total Biscuit and ESLTV's Joe Miller.
The tournament will be held on June 1st and 2nd (the latter starting at 14:00 CDT), with the top two teams being invited to compete in the finals on Ubisoft's stage at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) on June 6th.
Be sure to keep an eye on ESReality's "Live Streams" sidebox for live Shootmania stream info!
This script displays a list of live gaming streams on QuakeLive.com, and updates it every 5 minutes (10 in versions before 0.3).
The list (provided by the excellent #Live.QL guys) is based on known popular streams, meaning there is no guarantee all streams will be included, or even that the stream will be showing Quake Live. Let me know if you feel a stream should be added or corrected.
If you use Scriptish or Greasemonkey, menu commands have been provided to allow customization of the notification bar's background color and force a list reload from the server.
* Sortable list (sort order is kept across reloads)
* Uses the latest site code, improving performance
* Works in Prism
* Filter out servers based on map, location, hostname, gametype, or server slot size ("/16" will filter 16-slot servers)
* Manual refresh (Shift + R keyboard shortcut)
* Start QL with your own parameters
* Easy to play a demo (auto-runs "demo.cfg")
* Easy access to the Quick Join link (click the link icon)
* Toggle for gametype icon and id's "Best Pick" highlighting (right-click the Monkey Head -> User Script Commands)
* Automatically updates to the latest script code (asks first)
News / Changelog
* 2010-08-10 Various bug fixes related to the recent update. Everything should be working again!
* 2010-08-07 Updated to work with the August 6th changes. Might be some issues...
* 2010-07-04 "Join" links should work properly now.
* 2010-05-22 Added filtering by host name / gametype. Fixed a case where sort order would be set to the first column after viewing match results. Various other tweaks.
* 2010-05-02 Fixed issue where keyboard input was ignored after changing the filter, made a few performance tweaks, and changed filter behavior to show empty servers currently on a filtered map.
* 2010-04-29 Added a toggle for gametype icon (Right-click the monkey head -> User Script Commands) and made minor style tweaks.
* 2010-04-28 Corrected filtering issues, added a subtle hover effect for server rows, added Prism compatibility. The filter list is now comma-delimited.
* 2010-04-27 Updated to take advantage of various performance enhancements and lay some groundwork for a server list context menu.
* 2010-04-22 Made a couple small tweaks and added the ability to filter by server slot size (e.g. adding "/16" to the filter list will hide all 16-slot servers).
* 2010-04-11 Fixed the zebra striping of rows.
* 2010-04-10 Stripped HTML from the title you see when hovering over a skill icon. Now it should properly show "Unranked Server", etc. without all the extra junk.
* 2010-04-03 Fixed an issue where the "Live Game Info" player list would go partially off-screen.
* 2010-04-02 Added support for lower resolutions, the "play demo" option (auto-runs demo.cfg if it exists), and a toggle for id's "Best Pick" highlighting (Monkey Head -> User Script Commands).
* 2010-04-01 Squashed some bugs that didn't show up during development... should work now! Also corrected a sort persistence issue.
* 2010-03-31 First release!
1. Install the Greasemonkey add-on for Firefox.
2. Disable or uninstall any other server browser script (see instructions below)
3. Install the Quake Live New Alt Browser script from http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/73076 (or HERE if UserScripts.org is down)
4. Refresh the Quake Live website.