Reflex is slowly approaching the official 0.29 release, the test branch is already available and includes some nifty additions, including the highly requested spectator functions, various arena modes, several fixes and more. You can access the test branch by opting in for beta in the steam settings.
Added Arena modes
- Players spawn with 100/150RA, all weapons and max ammo.
- Arena modes are round based -- if you die, you're dead until the - Arena modes use table-tennis style scoring -- you have to be over the scorelimit and leading by 2 points to win.
- A1v1 - 2 players per round, round robin.
- AFFA - 2-10 players per round, no teams, last man standing.
- ATDM - 2-10 players, 2 teams, last team standing.
- Added whole lot of HUD stuff to show current round/end of round/who won/draw etc
Added Point-of-View spectating
- Console commands for POV camera are:
- Added hud info showing what spectator you are watching
Added player queue for 1v1 modes.
- cl_playerqueued (or use the in-game menu)
*.cfg files shouldn't be overwritten each update any more
- Players will either have to add any new binds themselves or delete their configs and re-verify their game cache.
Included new community maps
Added the ability to paste text to console & chat.
- Mode is now maintained if a new map is voted in
- Powerups now spawn 15-30 seconds into game (rather than 45)
- Fixed problem with partial console command firing full console commands (i.e. vote was triggering vote_no)
- When switching to team mode, teams are now auto-blanced (nothing special, just goes 1-2-1-2-1-2)
- Removed clause that forced self damage to always assume green armor equipped
- Fixed bug where players could move when dead by holding +attack
- Game now prevents firing during countdowns.
- Undo/redo now cleared on map change
- Client side prediction is now stopped after 3 seconds of lag.
- Reduced volume of chat beep.
- Added player weapon name on to screen when you swap weapon
- Fixed bug where game was checking ready flag on spectators
- Renamed xtdm -> tdm since it's not particularly experimental right now.
- Added error code when host lookup fails (was occurring on some machines, turns out if you run in administrator it works, We're guessing some kind of windows protection is blocking host lookups)
- Changed shadows to be in a texture atlas rather than texture array (a step towards lowering our GPU requirements to DX10.0 / SM4.0 -- this is a small performance increase too)
- When connecting, players are automatically placed into the queue.
- Queued players now sorted on scoreboard
- Players are briefly able to fire after being killed in Arena modes.
Links: Source/Forum post, Official website, Reflex on Steam
Edited by xou at 07:11 CST, 14 December 2014 - 12876 Hits