UberDemoTools is a program for Windows that allows you to load demos and view game statistics, chat events, obituaries and more... but most importantly, it lets you cut demos!
Just to clarify, I did not make this program, myT did!
Now supports quakelive!
UDT is a Quake 3 demo (*.dm_68) cutter and information display tool for Windows with a lot of features for cutting demos.
For example you can cut a large selection of demos at once by selecting a range of demos and cutting by a chat string, saving you a lot of time.
Those version numbers describe the DLL and GUI versions. Always fetch the files from the last folder to grab the latest version.
19m_19h/udt_bin_19m_19h.rar --> Binary release, DLL 0.1.9m, GUI 0.1.9h
19m_19h/udt_src_19m_19h.rar --> Source code release, DLL 0.1.9m, GUI 0.1.9h
Those numbers indicate which version of the .NET run-time they require.
The application uses WPF, which has terrible font rendering in .NET 3.5.
.NET 3.5 is pre-installed on all Windows 7 versions.
There is no difference in terms of functionality between the 2 versions, only the font rendering quality is different.
- You can view the server information at the time the recording was started ('Info' tab)
- You can cut demos by a) manually specifying the start and end times, or b) by letting the program find certain chat events for you
- You can also view the player chat, obituaries and power-up runs
Yes, and yes.
- You are encouraged to post here to ask/suggest things, or /query myT on QuakeNet.
- The entire source code is licensed under the GPL. I was legally required to publish the source code of the DLL under the GPL, but I wasn't for the GUI. I decided it was best to do so for both.
- Obituaries and PU runs don't work with NTF/CTFS/MVD demos for now. I'll investigate the issue.
- Drag'n'drop support for shortcuts to files and folders is not supported (yet)
If you decide to host the files too, let me know and I'll add it to the links.
Link: Get UberDemoTools!, Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2, Screenshot 3, Screenshot 4
Edited by Terifire at 15:48 CST, 9 February 2012 - 26185 Hits