After hitting its kickstarter goal for Diabotical, the GD studio posted an update, with a number of interesting points.
Starts at 5:55.
Summary from reddit by Mobiledobile:
- Double jump; delayed lateral second jump for further distance, quick second jump for better height.
- Dashy thing. [I saw someone in discord say dash costs UPS, but James didn't say that in this stream]
- D-jump & dash intended to make combat (as opposed to map traversal) more interesting.
- Air-movement is not as aggressive as CPM (they think it would harm game modes they're planning to be that fluid in air)
COMMUNITY FUCKIN' HUBS
- Ogrimmar for Diabotical. Alternative to sitting at a menu. A place to just hang out and socialize / be in queue. Non combat.
(Hopefully) dedicated official servers with official hubs
- Feature in-game streams of Twitch (chat included); set to Swedish streams on the official Sweden server, admins of custom servers set it, etc.
- Make&host-your-own hub.
- Building a racetrack was mentioned, so you can defrag while you queue.
- [Presumably in custom hubs] Your clan/community members are represented like figures on a shelf. When you spawn in, you spawn at your spot on the shelf, right into the model that was previously a representation of you. Placard with mouse-over-for-stats got mentioned, but was a "maybe/hopefully" kind of mention.
- Wall-O-Leader-Boards! Top players in the region, currently active games, join / spectate them right from the hub.
- Co-op survival: DOOM-like monster ai, "imp go here, imp shoot this type of target, marine go there, shoot this objective or this target if no objective" kinda stuff. Wave/persistent/blahblah didn't sound like this was super finalized.
- Couple models designed for modders: the chaingun (which will also be used in co-op survival, should that goal be met) & a trash bot (cylindrical bot for modders who desire cylinder hitboxes). Talk of adding more models for modders, as well as more weapons to current core-four (magma/lightning-gun, shotty, rocket launcher, rail)
- Ranked collect-coin challenge race things (solo). Designed to help teach / acclimate players to movement. S-tier style ranking. Also mentioned: Aim challenges (but no further details).
Edited by Memento_Mori at 13:23 BST, 17 August 2016 - 36150 Hits