Quake Live: Troubleshooting
Book of Fixes
My settings don't save!
writeconfig autoexec.cfg in the console after you modify your settings.
I can't move my mouse in-game.
in the console.
My mouse pointer shows up in-game and my crosshair starts spinning rapidly.
in_nograb 0 in the console.
1) Try updating your graphics driver and/or reinstalling them.
2) Use QLPrism
3) Commands: (Kudos to Yakumo for finding these out.)
1) Turn off all torrents, downloads, etc.
2) Check to see if other user accounts on your computer are leeching data. Also check if anyone else is using your internet connection.
3) It might be helpful to use a ping scheduler like this
cl_packedup 5 (duplicates your packets in case of packet loss),
Quake Live not enough memory!
This usually happens when playing on large maps such as Overlord. Type
com_hunkmegs 256 in the console.
Quake Live Fatal Error: An instance of Quake Live is already running. Please close this web page.
1) Close all other programs that use the plugin, including QLPrism and QLDT.
2) Restart the program. You cannot simply just kill the task by logging off your computer account, because when you log back on again, you get another error.
Quake Live Fatal Error: Core extraction failed.
1) Restart your computer
2) If step 1 doesn't work, deleted all your pk3 files from
C:\Users\[Your user account]\AppData\LocalLow\id Software\quakelive\baseq3
--Fudge911 00:57, 1 January 2012 (GMT)Fudge