We're proud to announce the #cpmduel League which will kick-off on November 11, 2017. This will be a weekly league, where players are split into three divisions: Invite, Main, and Beginner, and play other players in their respective division each week. After players have played all their group opponents once, the top players of every group, will face their rivals in the same division in a single elimination play-off bracket. Due to the nature of this league, things will be a little sophisticated, and we anticipate having different rules in terms of play-off advancement for the different divisions as they will have a different amount of players.
The admin group includes: neverGreen, gaiia, and myself ( xero), with Kimi|AHK, DEZ, and veliars acting as referees.
To register, players are expected to join the #cpmduel League Discord Server and notify the admins of their intentions. Registration closes on November 11, 2017, and we will not be making any exceptions. We anticipate the end date of the regular season as league as December 10, 2017, and for the playoffs to be completed by December 17, 2017.
We have decided to go with a fairly standard map pool which consists of:, , , , , , fjo3tourney6 (wr 5). The reason for these maps was to respect the legacy of #cpmduel, whilst introducing players to (what we hope) a new standard map with Fjogg's latest offering.
• Game Schedule: Players must schedule date and time of their game. Once players have agreed to a date, and time, they must message their division admin (or if he is not available to any admin) of this information. All games have to be played before round deadline. If both sides (and admin) agree, a game can be delayed (rescheduled). Deadline for one round is one week.
• Regular season points:For the regular season games, games are best of two, and we will use the following point system:
- 2-0 : 3 points awarded to the winning player.
- 1-1 : 2 points awarded to each player.
- 0-2 : 1 point awarded to the losing player.
- FF : 3 points awarded to the winning player, and 0 points awarded to FF player.
• Map Selection: The players call heads or tails and use /callvote random 2. The players call heads or tails and use /callvote random 2. In the regular season we will use drop (1), drop (2), pick (1), pick (2). In playoffs, an additional drop (1), drop (2) is required.
• Server Selection: Any CPMA 1.48 server with standard settings could be used. The ping difference between players should not be higher than 30. If players can't agree on suitable server, it is picked by an admin. Once a player gets ready in-game he accepts the server and its settings as they are.
• Game Start: Player must play their matching within ten (10) minutes of games being assigned.
• Match Reporting: After the matches are complete both players are required to submit their results to an admin. Any discrepancies in reported scores will be investigated by admins.
• Matches: Players must take demos of all their games. Players can use cg_autoaction 7. Players must be able to provide demos of their games upon request.
• Cheating: Cheating will not be tolerated, and any players caught or suspected of cheating will be immediately dropped from the tournament.
• Disputes: Admins have to ability to #shrekt you if they want.
• Registration Opens - Oct. 29, 2017
• Registration Closes - Nov. 09, 2017
• Week 01 - Nov. 11 - Nov. 14, 2017
• Week 02 - Nov. 15 - Nov. 19, 2017
• Week 03 - Nov. 20 - Nov. 26, 2017
• Week 04 - Nov. 27 - Dec. 03, 2017
• Week 05 - Dec. 04 - Dec. 10, 2017
• Playoffs - Dec. 11 - Dec. 17, 2017
This promotional video was created by Ryan_H. Thank you!
The invite division will consist of 12 of the best players in the community, who have been hand selected by the admins, split into two groups of six players each. From each group, four players will advance to the playoffs. The following players have agreed to participate:
This will be made up of players who are not at the invite level, and are not beginners. So expect a wide range of competent players. Players for this divisions must register via the #cpmduel League Discord Server, linked below. As we do not know the number of players registered it is difficult to determine group size, and play-off advancement. We anticipate to have a total of eight players advance into a playoff bracket.
This will be made up of players who are new to CPMA, or are inexperienced in duel, and have the Beginner Role in the CPMA Discord. Players for this divisions must register via the #cpmduel League Discord Server, linked below. As we do not know the number of players registered it is difficult to determine group size, and play-off advancement. We anticipate to have a total of eight players advance into a playoff bracket.
Links: #cpmduel League Discord Server, CPMA Discord Server
Edited by xerosawyer at 19:13 CDT, 1 November 2017 - 8790 Hits