Before I start going into what my little creation can do, I think it's important to note that most of the credit must go to Brugal for his immense work in developing WolfcamQL for all of us. It has evolved into a fantastic movie making tool for Quake Live.
However, as most of you are aware, the lack of a GUI made WolfcamQL difficult to pick up for first time users due to the command line interface.
Here is my humble attempt to encourage people who once never dared to even try and create anything like this to give it a go. With this, you can play a demo, record your frag and upload to YouTube before the next round of CA even starts.
As this is practically Version 1.0 please excuse any bugs that you may get. Post them here and I will look into fixing them as fast as I can. Thanks.
Latest Version - 15th May 2013:
Wolf Whisperer 184.108.40.206 Full - 120MB
Wolf Whisperer 220.127.116.11 Upgrade - 1MB
Your Suggestions & Known Bugs:
Introduction to what Wolf Whisperer is:
Wolf Whisperer is a Graphical User Interface that works in conjunction with WolfcamQL to play, record, organize, and encode Quake Live demos. It’s used somewhat like a media player with options to Pause/Rewind/FF demos as they play.
The GUI will make life a lot easier as you don’t need to learn any commands. Easily jump to any time on the game clock, cycle through frags and record high quality video or encode for YouTube. It comes packaged with the latest version of WolfcamQL and includes over 100MB of high quality textures and weapon models.
A new concept is also being introduced called Voice Over Demos. A Quake Live demo with an Mp3 backing track combined into one vod file. Watch top quality games with the best quality graphics that only a demo can provide with synced commentary. They are fully customizable so you can create your own, or edit one to add your own cast or music if you so wish.
A higher emphasis will be put on documentation and tutorials to get more people making videos much more quickly and far more efficiently. Create professional cinematography sequences with easy to use camera tools. The only thing you need is a working installation of Quake Live and some Demos for you to explore.
* Fixed sound crackling through the speakers soon after a video has been recorded.
* Fixed the 0.2 second sound delay in recorded videos.
* Fixed StartupWizard looping over and over again.
* Reduced the prerequisite number of pk3 files needed even further to the absolute bare minimum for WolfcamQL to work (All the pak files)
* New warning message to suggest that even though WolfcamQL will function, you are still running low on maps.
* New 'Sync PK3s' button in Help section to update Wolf Whisperer with new QL content.
* Fixed VODs not playing when launched from 'My Vods'/Explorer while WolfcamQL is down.
* Fixed bug where the commentary would continue to play in a VOD even after closing WolfcamQL.
* Fixed bug where Right Click > Explore Folder would return an error if no videos folder existed.
* Timescale 100 now works.
* Fixed bug where the crosshair displays wrong default crosshair on startup in the GUI.
* Changed default installation directory to prevent permission issues with file creations in ‘Program Files’ folder.
* Works with Windows XP 64 bit.
* Fixed PK3 check for non-premium users who have no premium maps installed.
Edited by Mango. at 03:51 CDT, 15 May 2013 - 34695 Hits